PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, are the Royals for real?

Viva Magglio
04-12-2003, 08:56 PM
I realize that the Royals are 9-0 against relatively weak competition (including ourselves during that series we played them), but do you think they are really for real? Or is this just a fluke whereby we or Minnesota will catch and pass the Royals?

StepsInSC
04-12-2003, 09:50 PM
I remember the Indians starting off 11-1 last year, wasn't it 10 straight wins after the first loss? I'm don't especially hate the royals like the Tribe and Twins, so its not because of that. Its just that they're not that good of a team. If they somehow are still in contention by the all star break, their young pitchers will start to tire and the second half will be a big change, IMO.

TheBigHurt
04-13-2003, 01:29 AM
THE Royals cant be real when your #1 pitcher and closer are guys i have never heard off before opening day

Huisj
04-13-2003, 01:55 AM
it'll take one mike macdougal wild outing to blow a save when he comes in with a 3 run lead to bring everything crashing down. this team is probably riding so high and they are so young that i think a tough disappointing loss could send them into a downward spiral. they'll come back down to earth, and by the end of september, earth will be the 72 win mark

doublem23
04-13-2003, 03:41 AM
No.

They're probably better than everyone expected, but they ain't this good.

GASHWOUND
04-13-2003, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by StepsInSC
I remember the Indians starting off 11-1 last year, wasn't it 10 straight wins after the first loss? I'm don't especially hate the royals like the Tribe and Twins, so its not because of that. Its just that they're not that good of a team. If they somehow are still in contention by the all star break, their young pitchers will start to tire and the second half will be a big change, IMO.

'Toon fans and their players were saying the exact same thing last year after their 11-0 start(wasn't it 11-0?)
Nobody gave us a chance, we feel like we can win every game, we believe..BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
I bet they have another similar streak this season..a 9 game losing streak

Dan H
04-13-2003, 09:48 AM
My feeling is that the Royals are not for real. But I don't think Sox fans need to be concerned about Kansas City. We should be wondering if the White Sox are for real.

StepsInSC
04-13-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
'Toon fans and their players were saying the exact same thing last year after their 11-0 start(wasn't it 11-0?)
Nobody gave us a chance, we feel like we can win every game, we believe..BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
I bet they have another similar streak this season..a 9 game losing streak

I think they lost their first game, then won 11 straight. Because when everyone this year talks about the royals they say they're the first to go 9-0 since the '90 Cincinatti Reds...

sox_fan_forever
04-13-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
No.

They're probably better than everyone expected, but they ain't this good.

I agree. I think they are probably a lot better than some people gave them credit for, but I don't think they are a true contender. Maybe in a few years.

koch44
04-13-2003, 02:06 PM
Cleveland is beating the Royals 3-0 today.

TheBigHurt
04-13-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by koch44
Cleveland is beating the Royals 3-0 today.

THE Tribe beat them incase you already didnt know :)

MHOUSE
04-14-2003, 04:28 PM
Royals are going to put up a fight and play better than anyone expected this year. They're a for real TEAM and not a cake walk like the AAA Tigers. I think they'll finish in the middle spot of the division behind us and the Twins but they won't contend for a playoff spot. With Ibanez and their young pitching, a few years could be interesting.......