PDA

View Full Version : 4/12 against Detroit

WhiteSoxWinner
04-12-2003, 04:19 PM
Ok, we lost. It happens. But after watching a good portion of the game, I think there are a few positives you can take away

1) The Sox did start to mount a late inning charge. It fell a little short, but there was fight in them to the end.
2) Carlos Lee manged to get a few hits.
3) JM realized that you can substitute your starters with guys on the bench late in the game when you're down (Crede, Alomar, and Rios all made it in to hit)
4) Pretty good defensive play by Rowand with another outfield assist. (Heads up by Josh to get that tag, as well.)

Tough loss, but at least they went down fighting. Wish I could have said the same about those KC games...

RichH55
04-12-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner
Ok, we lost. It happens. But after watching a good portion of the game, I think there are a few positives you can take away

1) The Sox did start to mount a late inning charge. It fell a little short, but there was fight in them to the end.
2) Carlos Lee manged to get a few hits.
3) JM realized that you can substitute your starters with guys on the bench late in the game when you're down (Crede, Alomar, and Rios all made it in to hit)
4) Pretty good defensive play by Rowand with another outfield assist. (Heads up by Josh to get that tag, as well.)

Tough loss, but at least they went down fighting. Wish I could have said the same about those KC games...

Some good things for sure.....Gordon's stuff looked pretty good as well....He still has a helluva curveball.

Carlos made a nice little play in LF too in around the 7th

bc2k
04-12-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner

JM also called on Daubach to hit but sat him down when Trammell changed pitchers.

I thought there was no chance to throw out Higginson at the plate. What a play, that will make a web-gem.

voodoochile
04-12-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
Some good things for sure.....Gordon's stuff looked pretty good as well....He still has a helluva curveball.

Carlos made a nice little play in LF too in around the 7th

Gordon didn't give up a run! Heck, he didn't even allow his inherited runner to score, though not for lack of trying...

Graffanino is a good hitter, but he almost no range in the field...

T Dog
04-12-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
Gordon's stuff looked pretty good as well....He still has a helluva curveball.

Gordon was brought in because he has a helluva curveball and Paquette can't hit a decent curveball. It sort of makes you wonder how Paquette could get a hit with two strikes and a runner on second.

RichH55
04-12-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
JM also called on Daubach to hit but sat him down when Trammell changed pitchers.

I thought there was no chance to throw out Higginson at the plate. What a play, that will make a web-gem.

Give some credit to Paul too....when I saw it full speed I thought no way did he tag him, but he made the play no question