PDA

View Full Version : Don't get too giddy about Loaiza just yet...

Bisco Stu
04-12-2003, 12:22 AM
In April his career mark is now 11-3.

However, his overall W/L is now 71-73.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we have him, especially with Garland's struggles, but we need him do this July and August etc.

He's only had one winning season.

But if he can pull it off,

Loaiza 03 = Eldred 00

The difference maker in a division title.

MHOUSE
04-12-2003, 12:29 AM
Hey he's 2-0 and has looked GOOD. I would like to see it against someone less inferior than the Tigers, but even so we need to put away the weak teams. Hopefully the 4-5 spots will pull through and pick up Garland or hold out until Danny is ok again. Keep it up Esteban! woo hoo!

Huisj
04-12-2003, 01:15 AM
let's hope the eldred comparison doesn't mean arm trouble by august

hose
04-12-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
In April his career mark is now 11-3.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we have him, especially with Garland's struggles, but we need him do this July and August etc.

But if he can pull it off,

Loaiza 03 = Eldred 00

The difference maker in a division title.

Cooper has Loiaza throwing more change ups to keep the batters from sitting on his fastball.

Earlier I read where Loiaza's down fall in past seasons is that he throws to many strikes. Strange as it sounds Estaban was a victim of his own success ....throwing strikes.

Last night Loiaza threw 100 pitches and 20 were change ups compared to about 8 change ups that he typically tossed in a game last year.

In the long line of great Sox from South of the border add Loiaza name to the list of Fransico Barrios, Jorge Orta, Salome Barojas and "El Canon" Osuna. ARRIBA Via Mexico !!!

harwar
04-12-2003, 09:10 AM
I fully expect him to be lights-out until the all star break.After that i'd look for him to struggle.

kevingrt
04-12-2003, 12:05 PM
Hey, anytime you can beat the Triple AAA Tiggers two times, you deserve to be in the HoF!!!

But I expect Loiaza to be a solid #3 starter throughout the season. Just stay around a 4.00 ERA and get some wins and I'll be all happy. Are hitting will do the rest!

TheBigHurt
04-12-2003, 12:40 PM
WE as giddy Sox fans didnt need to see that :)

*A side note since i didnt get to say it yer (not counting verbally) for fridays victory WhoooooooooHoooooooooooooooooo

34 Inch Stick
04-12-2003, 01:47 PM
I thought if he was .500 and had a 4.5 ERA we would have gotten all we could ask for him. It is early, Detroit sucks, but...there are some real positive indications.

1) He stopped a losing streak at a critical point in the year under adverse conditions

2) He has dominated the Tigers, by letting up only 2 runs in 14 innings.

Don't ruin my buzz dude. At least let me be giddy through the weekend. If I'm not giddy then I'm going to have to get drunk, and you don't want to see me when I'm drunk.

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-12-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu

keep in mind he has been on pittsburg, texas and toronto his whole career. those for the most part have been bad teams.