PDA

View Full Version : New Comerica Park Dimensions


Foulke You
04-11-2003, 02:24 PM
For anyone who is curious about how far the fences were brought in at Comerica Park, here are the new dimensions:

345 feet down the left-field line, 420 feet in center, 365 feet to the right-center fence and 330 feet down the right-field line. The flagpole, which was in play in center last season, will now be out of play as the fence in left center has been brought in to 370 feet.

The only thing that has changed is the left center field fence being brought in from 395 feet to 370. The rest of the dimensions remain the same. This will probably eliminate the huge amount of real estate that used to be there in left center.

:caballo
"370? Just what I need to snap out of my slump!"

A.T. Money
04-11-2003, 04:42 PM
I think the left field fence down that line was brought in. I noticed there is a big space between the crowd and the fence (like new Comiskey used to be).

I'm not sure why they made it a graveyard, but it really hurts the Tigers chances of signing offensive sluggers.

You would think it'd be a dream for pitchers to sign as FA, but of course, without an offense, you'd be crazy to sign there.

MarkEdward
04-11-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon

I'm not sure why they made it a graveyard, but it really hurts the Tigers chances of signing offensive sluggers.


Like Juan Gonzalez...

Foulke You
04-11-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
I think the left field fence down that line was brought in. I noticed there is a big space between the crowd and the fence (like new Comiskey used to be).

I'm not sure why they made it a graveyard, but it really hurts the Tigers chances of signing offensive sluggers.

You would think it'd be a dream for pitchers to sign as FA, but of course, without an offense, you'd be crazy to sign there.

They'd also be crazy to sign there unless they had speedy outfielders that can track down all of those would be doubles and triples that would be homers in other parks.

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-11-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
They'd also be crazy to sign there unless they had speedy outfielders that can track down all of those would be doubles and triples that would be homers in other parks.

well they already have the quickest outfielder in the game in Dmitri Young.