PDA

View Full Version : Danny Wright


Stoky44
04-11-2003, 08:59 AM
Any body here how Danny is doing. On Monday we will be two weeks into the season. I thought they put Danny on the 15 day DL but retroactive to a date in Spring training? Anybody know when he's off the DL? You think they will have him start a few games in AA or AAA before they move him up? Will he automatically go back in the rotation, even if Josh Stewart and Esteban Loaiza are solid?

hold2dibber
04-11-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Stoky44
Any body here how Danny is doing. On Monday we will be two weeks into the season. I thought they put Danny on the 15 day DL but retroactive to a date in Spring training? Anybody know when he's off the DL? You think they will have him start a few games in AA or AAA before they move him up? Will he automatically go back in the rotation, even if Josh Stewart and Esteban Loaiza are solid?

I don't know his status, but my guess is that if Stewart and Loaiza are solid, the Sox will leave the rotation alone. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see Wright start a few games in AAA to get his arm strength/pitch count up. But I'm not sure that he'll even crack the major league roster unless someone on the staff falters or until the Sox decide to go with 12 pitchers on the MLB roster.

maurice
04-11-2003, 11:06 AM
From today's Southtown (http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/111sd2.htm):

Injured right-handed starter Danny Wright had another throwing session in the bullpen Wednesday, unleashing his curveball for the first time since getting placed on the 15-day disabled list on March 27 with inflammation in his elbow. He reported no elbow pain after Wednesday's 50-pitch session, and said he had no pain Thursday. He will likely begin a minor league rehab assignment Monday. "Everything went well and I feel good," Wright said. "I throw another bullpen on Sunday, and that should be my last one." Wright will likely need two or three starts in the minors, however, before returning to the South Siders.

CHISOXFAN13
04-11-2003, 02:15 PM
Maybe when Wright is ready the Sox can send Garland on a rehab start where he can build a set of stones.
Ste

MHOUSE
04-11-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
Maybe when Wright is ready the Sox can send Garland on a rehab start where he can build a set of stones.
Ste

I'll vote for that!

A.T. Money
04-11-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
Maybe when Wright is ready the Sox can send Garland on a rehab start where he can build a set of stones.
Ste

LMAO! :D:

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-11-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
Maybe when Wright is ready the Sox can send Garland on a rehab start where he can build a set of stones.
Ste

that might just be POTW material.

jeremyb1
04-11-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
I don't know his status, but my guess is that if Stewart and Loaiza are solid, the Sox will leave the rotation alone. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see Wright start a few games in AAA to get his arm strength/pitch count up. But I'm not sure that he'll even crack the major league roster unless someone on the staff falters or until the Sox decide to go with 12 pitchers on the MLB roster.

i think people need to take a step back in this thread and realize that most people seem to be argue in demoting garland from the rotation after two starts and keeping stewart. are you really going to toss aside our most consistent starter after buehrle last year just because stewart had one good outing against the tigers in terrible hitters conditions?! who's to say stewart doesn't get shelled his next several times out? i hope he pitches well but lets not lose sight of the fact that we're talking about a guy with one game above AA under his belt.

kevingrt
04-11-2003, 08:35 PM
I hope DW comes up and does well and Stewy stays in starting! Jonny should go down to the bullpen or Triple AAA to refine his skills. Jonny will be a good starter just needs to take some time!

duke of dorwood
04-11-2003, 09:24 PM
Right now, the weakest link is Tom Gordon

MRKARNO
04-11-2003, 09:38 PM
Wright'll be pitching in Charlotte on Tuesday. With another bad start, Garland could be in the bullpen or AAA.

lowesox
04-12-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Wright'll be pitching in Charlotte on Tuesday. With another bad start, Garland could be in the bullpen or AAA.

No.

It's going to take 5-6 more bad starts. And that won't happen. There's no question in mind that in a few weeks Wright will be in the rotation, and so will Garland. These guys both did a lot of good things last year and deserve it.

MRKARNO
04-12-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by lowesox
No.

It's going to take 5-6 more bad starts. And that won't happen. There's no question in mind that in a few weeks Wright will be in the rotation, and so will Garland. These guys both did a lot of good things last year and deserve it.

Jerry has his eye on Garland. And also, If Wright and Garland are both in, who goes out? Loaiza has pitched fantabulously and Stewart is ready for the majors.

jeremyb1
04-12-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Wright'll be pitching in Charlotte on Tuesday. With another bad start, Garland could be in the bullpen or AAA.

haha. where are you getting this from?

baggio202
04-12-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
haha. where are you getting this from?

jeremy..think id have to take a healthy danny wright over jon garland...jon seems to me to be kinda a goof out there on the mound..i dont think he quite gets it...maybe thats a false perception by me but i just dont feel confident whenever he takes the mound

MHOUSE
04-13-2003, 12:19 AM
I will take a healthy Danny over anyone but Buehrle or Colon. This kid is a stud and he's got balls. Power pitcher who goes after hitters and doesn't pick corners and throw balls like Garland. I think we rushed him into it and they don't want to admit a mistake AS ALWAYS! He has potential and youth but that won't excuse wins during a pennant race. A healthy Danny will put pressure on Garland and another 2-3 bad starts he could be in the pen or down in AAA. It would be foolish to demote Loaiza or Stewy if they are pitching well.

lowesox
04-13-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by baggio202
jeremy..think id have to take a healthy danny wright over jon garland...jon seems to me to be kinda a goof out there on the mound..i dont think he quite gets it...maybe thats a false perception by me but i just dont feel confident whenever he takes the mound

Has everybody on this site gone mad? Stewart has had two starts. One was good. One was bad. There's no question who's going when Wright comes back.

As far as Manuel having his eye on Garland: he was asked if Garland's place in the rotation was in jeopardy and he said "if he has another 4 or 5 bad starts, we'll START to look at him." He'll stay in the rotation all season. Mark my words.