PDA

View Full Version : 162-0?

A.T. Money
04-10-2003, 03:51 PM
Jeez, the Royals just won't lose.

At least the Twins lost their 6th straight.

thecell
04-10-2003, 05:06 PM
Hopefully we can pick up a few games on the Twins before they come to town on the 25th...KC will come back to earth soon enough....I Hope!

Chisox353014
04-10-2003, 05:38 PM
I seem to remember the Indians starting out something like 11-1 last season before the Sox sent them packing into oblivion. I think we'll see that again next week when the Royal pains in the arses come to Comiskey...er excuse me, Insert Corporate Name Here Field.
The Sox need to put a few games between themselves and the Twinkies while Minny is struggling so bad.

hose
04-10-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
Jeez, the Royals just won't lose.

At least the Twins lost their 6th straight.

The Royals commited 4 errors and gave up 6 walks but still only allowed 2 runs against Detroit today.

They got the early season mojo going for them....yeah that will last

SoxxoS
04-10-2003, 06:28 PM
We should have a prediction thread for how many games Detroit will lose this year.

They may be 40-122. Absolutely dead serious. They can't hit, catch, throw, run, or pitch.

TheBigHurt
04-11-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
We should have a prediction thread for how many games Detroit will lose this year.

They may be 40-122. Absolutely dead serious. They can't hit, catch, throw, run, or pitch.

I got 36-126 :D:

Kilroy
04-11-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by hose
The Royals commited 4 errors and gave up 6 walks but still only allowed 2 runs against Detroit today.

They got the early season mojo going for them....yeah that will last

I seem to remember a certain team in black that won lots of games like that in 2K. One game in particular comes to mind vs. Texas that Valentin had 4 errors himself, the pitching gave up 5-6 earned runs and a couple unearned (of course), and they still managed to win.

Sometimes its just your time to win. I think that the Sox had a lot of talent that carried them when the magic wasn't working tho. Will the Royals have the same success when the magic wears off?