PDA

View Full Version : how bad have maggs , konerko and lee been so far?

baggio202
04-10-2003, 01:17 PM
check this out....frank thomas , who as we all know bats directly in front of these guys , is carrying a 472 obp...he has been on base 15 times and scored only one run..and that was when he drove himself in on a homer....maggs - konerko - lee (and daubach and rios to a lessor extent) are 0-14 in getting frank home when he gets on base...

ugh :(:

hold2dibber
04-10-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
check this out....frank thomas , who as we all know bats directly in front of these guys , is carrying a 472 obp...he has been on base 15 times and scored only one run..and that was when he drove himself in on a homer....maggs - konerko - lee (and daubach and rios to a lessor extent) are 0-14 in getting frank home when he gets on base...

ugh :(:

That's absolutely brutal. The good news is, Maggs, Konerko and Lee are likely to get it going as the season progresses. If Frank can keep doing what he's been doing, they're going to score a lot of runs.

calebhatesyou
04-11-2003, 05:13 PM
i think that "funk" up at the plate is contagous, especially in the sox dugout. when i guy is cold, a group of guy wil follow him right into that hole. but the good news is that being hot at the plate can be comtageous too. hopefully franks solid plate appearances will pull some guys out of it.

DonkeyKongerko
04-11-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by calebhatesyou
i think that "funk" up at the plate is contagous, especially in the sox dugout. when i guy is cold, a group of guy wil follow him right into that hole. but the good news is that being hot at the plate can be comtageous too. hopefully franks solid plate appearances will pull some guys out of it.

I have to say last year that was the case, but there are a few players this year that do not seem to follow that trend. Mainly I am referring to Joe Crede, but D'Angelo Jimenez has also shown himself able to start a rally or two. I think these guys can be difference makers in those one run ballgames we need.

StepsInSC
04-11-2003, 08:44 PM
I know a lot of people may not agree with me, but I still feel the cold weather has to play a part in it. I'm not making excuses for them, but after going from the warmth in spring training to this, surely it will take some time to adjust.

just my thoughts

FanOf14
04-11-2003, 08:56 PM
I agree 100% StepsInSC. I give them a few weeks or so after the weather gets better before I start going into a panic.

kermittheefrog
04-11-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by calebhatesyou

Holy White Sox lumber Batman! It's like Hawk Harrelson is posting on the board now.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-11-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Holy White Sox lumber Batman! It's like Hawk Harrelson is posting on the board now.

You forgot this part...

:hawk
"It's time to cinch it up and strap it down!"

:smile:

Bucktown
04-11-2003, 10:19 PM
I know a guy in Milwaukee that is batting .290 with 2 HRs, 4 Runs and 7 RBIs. Maybe we could plug him into the middle of this lineup.