PDA

View Full Version : A new marquee sign over entrances...

hsnterprize
04-10-2003, 11:49 AM
Hey guys...

I thought about this for a while, and I think this would be a great idea for the ballpark's renovations. Think about this...a replica of the center-field scoreboard over the main entrances behind home plate and that new proposed entrance on 35th and Wentworth in the left field area. And, there can be a dot-matrix message board in the middle of the sign like the TV screen on the real scoreboard. Obviously, that message board would show the same messages on it as the one near the Dan Ryan is now. In fact, why not make the message boards like the ones outside the United Center, with the capabilities to show animation along with messages?

Even if there is no "grand entrance" in the left field area, then why not put one of those signs where the current sign is now near the Dan Ryan Expressway?

I think the sign would really be a nice touch, and it would also rival the "marquee" sign above the Wrigley Field entrance, too. Hey...the Cubs aren't the only team that can have a nice entrance into the ballpark.

So what do you think?

soxnut
04-10-2003, 12:35 PM
I agree :smile:

TheBigHurt
04-10-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by hsnterprize
Hey guys...

Even if there is no "grand entrance" in the left field area, then why not put one of those signs where the current sign is now near the Dan Ryan Expressway?

DAM i never even been to Chi-Town and i am already famous by having an expressway named after me.....THATS something to WhooooooooHoooooooo about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :gulp:

TheBigHurt
04-10-2003, 03:04 PM
I hope they dont mean my friend Dan Ryan......IM actully serious my friend and me have the same name.NO joke sonny's

soxnut
04-10-2003, 04:29 PM
On the subject of renovations and the grand entrance:

I know there have been renderings posted on here showing the home-run porch, the redone entrance on 35th and Shields, and the shot down the left field line. But, there used to be another rendering showing the grand entrance, at least that's what I thought it was, does anybody have that picture? :?: