PDA

View Full Version : Crash

maurice
04-10-2003, 10:35 AM
Don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere but, despite his offensive struggles, Rowand's defense in CF is much improved. He's made some nice catches in the gaps and some pretty impressive throws.

For all the criticism he takes here, I thought Crash deserved some credit for apparently working hard on his D despite his injury this offseason.

calebhatesyou
04-10-2003, 12:06 PM
you're right we should give him some cred. he was mentioned on here a couple af days ago as beeing a "hole" in the line-up. but shouldn't his D give hime some wiggle room at the plate (and he's got some hangwithum's that had they fallen would make his ave. better. he's not totally lost).

thecell
04-10-2003, 12:27 PM
I agree. He had one helluva catch last night and nailed a runner at the plate...to bad the ump called the guy safe.

MHOUSE
04-10-2003, 03:05 PM
That was a sweet over the shoulder catch early on and he held the guy to 2nd base. I love his defense and he even got a hit last night. Go Aaron!

livewir
04-10-2003, 04:24 PM
if there is any hole in our lineup its Lee :angry:

kevingrt
04-10-2003, 04:37 PM
I agree Maurice! I felt like I was the only guy backing up Rowand's start. Rowand has played magnificent defense, and he has had some clutch hits! I guy is awesome and will be a solid CF for the Sox for years to come, despite what Daver says!

doublem23
04-10-2003, 04:38 PM
#4 outfielder

Sigh... I think I'm just going to have to realize centerfield will always be a hole on this team.

Daver
04-10-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
#4 outfielder

Sigh... I think I'm just going to have to realize centerfield will always be a hole on this team.

:LTP

What?

maurice
04-10-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
guy is awesome and will be a solid CF for the Sox for years to come, despite what Daver says!

In fairness to our Resident Redneck, they are several million reasons why we should expect LTP to be a better player than Crash. Nonetheless, I'd be disappointed if we weren't all rooting for Crash to succeed. He might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer (see Kent, Jeff), but he seems like a nice guy who leaves it all on the field -- everything JR's surveys say we want in a player.

:)

LuvSox
04-10-2003, 05:41 PM
You have to give credit to crash, he leaves nothing behind on the field.

Daver
04-10-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by maurice
everything JR's surveys say we want in a player.

I don't care what JR's suveys tell him,I would like to see talent............

MHOUSE
04-10-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by maurice
he seems like a nice guy who leaves it all on the field

Exactly and that's why I like him. Always root for the underdog. He can overcame a little lack of talent and still play well.

"Don't listen to mean ol' Daver Aaron!"

RichH55
04-10-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Exactly and that's why I like him. Always root for the underdog. He can overcame a little lack of talent and still play well.

"Don't listen to mean ol' Daver Aaron!"

Rooting for the underdog is one thing......You still need to the overall talent to succeed...Ill take Randy Johnson you take spirt and guts Rowand and we will see who wins the battle

Jjav829
04-10-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
Rooting for the underdog is one thing......You still need to the overall talent to succeed...Ill take Randy Johnson you take spirt and guts Rowand and we will see who wins the battle

Hard work and effort can help to overcome some deficiencies in talent. Just ask David Eckstein. I think you're confusing rooting for a guy because he plays all out with believing that because he plays hard he is a good player. I root for Aaron Rowand and I would like to see him prove all doubters wrong and succeed. However, in the chat during today's game I had a hard time coming up with 3 starting centerfielders that I would choose Aaron Rowand over (though I eventually did). I will continue to root for Aaron Rowand and I hope that one day he becomes a starting OF somewhere, but that doesn't mean I would choose him over a more talented player (ie Joe Borchard).

TheBigHurt
04-10-2003, 10:47 PM
AS said in the chat, I cant name a Starting CF that is worse then Rowand......I wish i could

BE GOOD

Jjav829
04-10-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
AS said in the chat, I cant name a Starting CF that is worse then Rowand......I wish i could

BE GOOD

See: Cedeno, Roger

RichH55
04-11-2003, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829
See: Cedeno, Roger

Is this like when we would try and think of catching combos worse than Mark Johnson and Josh Paul?

maurice
04-11-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by daver
I don't care what JR's suveys tell him,I would like to see talent............

I don't think anyone here cares what JR's surveys tell him. That was a joke (see giant spinning smiley). Here's another . . . .

Want a more talented CF? How about Carl Everett? He's a very talented switch-hitting CF with speed and power. I bet we could get him cheap. Just don't try to discuss dinosaurs with him.

:)

lowesox
04-11-2003, 09:59 PM
I like Rowand, and will now hereby refer to him by his newest nickname:

Arrow.

((I think its fitting because he has no qualms about attacking walls.)

StepsInSC
04-11-2003, 10:33 PM
Maybe Crash can be like the David Ecskstein of our team....

and then again maybe not.

RichH55
04-12-2003, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by StepsInSC
Maybe Crash can be like the David Ecskstein of our team....

and then again maybe not.

Eckstein doesnt have a potential 50 HR guy breathing down his neck either