PDA

View Full Version : Question On The Big Hurt Mr. Frank Thomas

leftbehindbuck
04-10-2003, 12:04 AM
Hey guys, in reading through the board I am seeing that there are some people that have a rough time with Frank. Maybe I am showing my ignorance on whom the Whitesox fans like, but I was under the impression that Thomas was and still is a fan favorite.

As a Cubs fan I think Thomas is a good hitter. He has some pop, he can take a walk, and he can only get better hitting in front of Mags. The only thing that I can see wrong with Thomas is his defense....however he is now the DH so does he really need to have any defense?

Just wondering if the people that dislike Frank can explain why they dislike him, and the people that like him can you explain to me why you like him?

This is one issue I am really kind of interested on. I do not watch alot of Sox games so I will admit I don't know alot about Thomas either way....just wondering what you die hearted Sox fans feel about Thomas....thanks guys

Your Cubs Friend :gulp:
Buck

MHOUSE
04-10-2003, 12:09 AM
I like Frank. Last season I was fed up with his poor play and whining. But this year I think he is doing a lot better and back towards his old self. I'd like to see him around a few more years so long as he doesn't make more money than he's worth.

gosox41
04-10-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by leftbehindbuck
Hey guys, in reading through the board I am seeing that there are some people that have a rough time with Frank. Maybe I am showing my ignorance on whom the Whitesox fans like, but I was under the impression that Thomas was and still is a fan favorite.

As a Cubs fan I think Thomas is a good hitter. He has some pop, he can take a walk, and he can only get better hitting in front of Mags. The only thing that I can see wrong with Thomas is his defense....however he is now the DH so does he really need to have any defense?

Just wondering if the people that dislike Frank can explain why they dislike him, and the people that like him can you explain to me why you like him?

This is one issue I am really kind of interested on. I do not watch alot of Sox games so I will admit I don't know alot about Thomas either way....just wondering what you die hearted Sox fans feel about Thomas....thanks guys

Buck

I think Frank gets a bad rap overall. He's my all time favorite player. Sure he's said some stupid things, but I think a lot of what he says gets taken out of context.

Bob

voodoochile
04-10-2003, 12:37 PM
Here's some reading for you. Lots of answers to your questions...

Frank Haters (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17452)

Frank Fans (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17816)

calebhatesyou
04-10-2003, 12:55 PM
i'm sure leftbehindbuck is a good guy and all, but i try not to talk to talk to cubs fans unless it's in person so they can see disgust on my face when they spout "sammy...er...wrigley...um...ah...luvable losers" or some other nonsense. i'm not tying to put down anybody but thems are the rules. voodoo's post should safice for our cubby "friend"
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

TheBigHurt
04-10-2003, 02:59 PM

Buck
GUYS did we have to start a thread about disliking me

leftbehindbuck
04-10-2003, 10:02 PM
Vodoo....thanks for your help...both of those links helped out quite a bit....

Caleb....I hope you read the email I sent you, but just in case you don't I want to let you know that unlike most Cubs fans I am not an ignorant drunk that likes Wrigley Field and Sammy...I am not a big fan of Wrigley and I would not mind seeing it torn down...as for the fans at Wrigley all they care about is getting drunk and having fun not watching a Cubs team win (not all, but that is the majority in my opinion and I have gone to over 250 games in the last 7 years that is what I see) as for Sammy I do not think he is that much of a great player....in fact I find him medicore at best....he has no defense and he does not use his speed to the teams advantage...i also think alot of the time he cares more about hitting the homer than he does about putting the ball in the opposite field to get on base....so Caleb please don't judge me based on the other Cubs fans you might now....I think you will find me to be quite different....Well thanks all for responding to my question....
Your Friend Buck :gulp:

guillen4life13
04-10-2003, 10:48 PM
Vodoo....thanks for your help...both of those links helped out quite a bit....

Caleb....I hope you read the email I sent you, but just in case you don't I want to let you know that unlike most Cubs fans I am not an ignorant drunk that likes Wrigley Field and Sammy...I am not a big fan of Wrigley and I would not mind seeing it torn down...as for the fans at Wrigley all they care about is getting drunk and having fun not watching a Cubs team win (not all, but that is the majority in my opinion and I have gone to over 250 games in the last 7 years that is what I see) as for Sammy I do not think he is that much of a great player....in fact I find him medicore at best....he has no defense and he does not use his speed to the teams advantage...i also think alot of the time he cares more about hitting the homer than he does about putting the ball in the opposite field to get on base....so Caleb please don't judge me based on the other Cubs fans you might now....I think you will find me to be quite different....Well thanks all for responding to my question....
Your Friend Buck :gulp:

I like this guy. I think he is a prime candidate to be converted. What say you all?