PDA

View Full Version : Lee Elia

DustyIsOverated1
04-09-2003, 07:50 PM
Can anybody tell me where to find the audio file of his famous tirade. The link to the only website I know that has it (that I found here) is down. Any help is greatly appreciated

cheeses_h_rice
04-09-2003, 07:58 PM
Try this: http://www.paulkatcher.com/020630.shtml

duke of dorwood
04-09-2003, 09:13 PM
Still the classic it has always been

LuvSox
04-09-2003, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the site Cheeses, haven't heard it in a long time.

Nellie Comiskey
04-09-2003, 11:26 PM
I wish I knew, however it was one time where a Cubs Manager speaketh the truth. I love the article in Sports Illustrated last week with Bill Melton stating Wrigley is a "dump." Another great scene from the '89 nlcs with the Giants was a San Fran Fan holding a sign stating "How the Cubs spell tradition...LOSE." At least we won in 1917, and northsiders definitely remember the "Hitless Wonders."

ssang
04-09-2003, 11:46 PM
Was that Earl Weaver tirade from the site for real? Of so, that was hilarious!

balz1472
04-10-2003, 11:17 AM
That's a great site. I never heard the Bobby Knight and Earl Weaver clips... just classic. Thnx.

DrCrawdad
04-10-2003, 01:49 PM
I've got MP3's of the Lee Elia eruption and I'd be glad to email them, if anyone wants. I've got two versions. One is the full, unbleeped version. The second contains Les Grobstein's observations on what led up to the outburst. Grobstein knows the story since he's the one who recorded it.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-10-2003, 01:57 PM
Have I mentioned recently that I was one of those "unemployed so-called fans, ripping everything you do" in attendance at the Urinal that very day?

Not unemployed of course, just watching the Flubbies from the bleachers after class.

:gulp:

cheeses_h_rice
04-10-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Have I mentioned recently that I was one of those "unemployed so-called fans, ripping everything you do" in attendance at the Urinal that very day?

Not unemployed of course, just watching the Flubbies from the bleachers after class.

I take it you still scrub yourself down with Lava every night, right?

PaleHoseGeorge
04-10-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I take it you still scrub yourself down with Lava every night, right?

Body lather with Lava? No, too alternative lifestyle for my taste. However I have gone to confession over my sins numerous times. Sitting in the bleachers at the Urinal will earn you some heavy hours with the rosary!