PDA

View Full Version : ah crap!

DustyIsOverated1
04-09-2003, 03:47 PM
Ya know, these damn cubbies are lookin pretty good. Mark prior had an exceptional day. If they keep this pitching up, then it will be one hell of a crosstown series

TheBigHurt
04-09-2003, 03:48 PM
IT'S too early to even consider these Cubbiies are going to be solid this yr

BE GOOD

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-09-2003, 03:51 PM
ofcourse, prior looked exceptional. the offense looked awful except for the hr from damian miller. vazquez had 14 k's vs the cubs in 7 innings

konerkopeachy
04-09-2003, 03:52 PM
the cubs ARE off to a good start, yes...but let's not count our chickens until later on in the season.

although a crosstown series would be interesting, down with the cubbies!

cheeses_h_rice
04-09-2003, 03:53 PM
Prior is a hell of a pitcher. Right now, I'd take him over everyone on the Sox, based on his upside.

Hullett_Fan
04-09-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
ofcourse, prior looked exceptional. the offense looked awful except for the hr from damian miller. vazquez had 14 k's vs the cubs in 7 innings

Hopefully Kenny can pull off another good deal with the Expos for Vazquez later this season :smile:

kevingrt
04-09-2003, 04:18 PM
Prior is one hell of a pitcher and probably will end up as one of the best in the history of the MLB...

Just hope we dont get him at the Cell or the Toilet :(:

RichH55
04-09-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Hullett_Fan
Hopefully Kenny can pull off another good deal with the Expos for Vazquez later this season :smile:

If Carlos Lee is going to be moved it would probably be in a deal like that....of course we would have to pick up most of his remaining salary, but if you will pick up Durhams, Loftons and others then the 2 million or so left on Carlos's deal shouldnt be that big a problem that it preclude a trade....this also assumes Rowand doesnt fall flat on his face and that LTP is close to the bigs by then....Daubach is a nice insurance policy

SpringfldFan
04-09-2003, 04:56 PM
From everything I have seen of him: control, power, pitch variety, poise, and mechanics - nobody, and I mean *nobody* in the game today is in a league with him. He is flawless and his mechanics are too good for him to tire or blow his arm out and he has the control of Maddux with the power of Clemons.

I don't know how many wins he will get with that Cub offense but all his other numbers are going to threaten records - and immediately.

I cannot stand the Cubs, but i am just speaking from what I have observed because those Sox fans who make a big deal over what happens on the north side better realize it, accept it, and either learn to deal with it or ignore it.

czalgosz
04-09-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Prior is a hell of a pitcher. Right now, I'd take him over everyone on the Sox, based on his upside.

If I was starting a new MLB franchise and could pick any player I wanted to to start it, I'd take Prior.

In five years, he'll likely be the best player in baseball.

whitesoxwilkes
04-09-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Wow..first Voodoo a few weeks ago and...now Cheeses and I have finally found something we agree on.

Prior is unreal. All around solid.

Foulke You
04-09-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
If I was starting a new MLB franchise and could pick any player I wanted to to start it, I'd take Prior.

In five years, he'll likely be the best player in baseball.

Wow, what's with the Prior love-in? I think the kid is looking pretty good but lets not prime his bust for Cooperstown just yet. He has a LOT to prove if he is going to be anywhere near the calibur of Pedro, Randy Johnson, or Roger Clemens.

As far as the comment of Prior facing the Sox. We handed him an "L" last year at Comiskey and Frank Thomas went yard off him.

calebhatesyou
04-09-2003, 06:09 PM
well said, foulke you

DonkeyKongerko
04-09-2003, 06:13 PM
Mark Prior can keep this pace for most of the year I think. I cannot say the same for the likes of:

Matt Clement (well he was pretty good last year)
Kerry Wood
Carlos Zambrano
Mark Grudzielanek
Mark Bellhorn
Corey Patterson
Hee Seop Choi
Alex Gonzalez

czalgosz
04-09-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Wow, what's with the Prior love-in? I think the kid is looking pretty good but lets not prime his bust for Cooperstown just yet. He has a LOT to prove if he is going to be anywhere near the calibur of Pedro, Randy Johnson, or Roger Clemens.

As far as the comment of Prior facing the Sox. We handed him an "L" last year at Comiskey and Frank Thomas went yard off him.

Well, his two biggest comps statwise for an age 21 season are Ramon Martinez and Nolan Ryan. One good, one bad. But I don't see anything stopping Prior from being a perennial All-Star unless he gets hurt.

Just because you're a Cub doesn't mean you automatically suck. Just most of the time.

MRKARNO
04-09-2003, 06:58 PM
Prior is good. Besides sammy, no one else even comes close to good (I am inferring that Sammy comes close to good, but doesnt quite make it)