PDA

View Full Version : Club Level - What's the deal?

Bucktown
04-09-2003, 02:03 PM
What is the story with the "club level"? Why are they the most expensive single game tickets? I am taking some business associates to the June 16th game and I am trying to decide if that is the place to sit. Thoughts?

dllrbll7
04-09-2003, 02:10 PM
If it is for a formal business thing it probably would be good. They have a wait staff to serve you in your seats while you watch the game. The concourse is all inclosed and climate controlled with plasma tvs and stuff. Havent sat there since they renovated but it is a good view of the field.

cheeses_h_rice
04-09-2003, 02:16 PM
I sat in the Club Level on opening day, and found the biggest draw (at least for our seats, which were in right field) was the fact that you could go indoors if the weather is nasty. Plus you have your own bathrooms, food vendors, etc. If your seats are between 1B and 3B, you also have a great shot at getting foul balls, and your view would be awesome. I sat on the 3B side in the closest section of 300-level seats to home plate, and they were really amazing.

Hangar18
04-09-2003, 02:26 PM
I think the club level is
1. stupid
2. waste of space
3. expensive

its enclosed and looks nice, but its a very inefficient use of space.
its because of that and the 3 layers of skyboxes that the upperdeck is so bad. there are only 4 or 5 rows of seats all the way around?? Terrible. When i sit there, i dont feel like im part of the game or the stadium for that matter. its empty (because there arent many fans in that level) and to top it all off, the tix are more EXPENSIVE than normal. The "Club" Level in Jacobs Field however, is PERFECT. its like a traditional upper deck, has like 30 rows etc, but good part is its only on the right side, from home plate to just past first base, halfway to RF. its good because the concourse behind it is "enclosed" in glass, and leads to a private, and very expansive bar area. perfect for entertaining people if thats what you were there for. one side of the "bar" area there looks onto downtown Cleveland.
Of course, the sox did their Club Level terribly wrong too. Where the "club" level is for USCELLULAR is where the Upper Deck SHOULD HAVE BEEN. maybe they could retrofit 80% of that "club" level and make it a real upperdeck, and the other 20%, 1b side, can be the private clublevel. Another Idea from the mind of Hangar 18

Banix12
04-09-2003, 02:43 PM
Club level is pretty nice if you can afford them. It misses a little of the lower concourse charm but you get a great view of the game. You're right about going inside in the rain but it's also nice because the bathroom is never crowded and there are pretty much no food lines (if you don't want to go through the wait staff). During a night game it doesn't matter where you sit but if you are there during a day game try to get seats on the first base side since the upper deck will shade you a little bit. The sun beats down on those 3b seats pretty bad during summer weather. I remember a Texas game i went to in those seats a few years back and i had to leave due to i was getting heat stroke.

LuvSox
04-09-2003, 03:16 PM
To me, those are awesome seats. Geat view, private bar, EXCELLENT food. Prices weren't too bad last year, this year is ridiculous though.

Procol Harum
04-09-2003, 03:38 PM
The Sox originally saw these as a more hoity-toity option for season ticket-holders and those who could afford to spend a little more buckage for single-game tickets. Unfortunately, the word got out about what great seats they were and the above-mentioned amenities--the a/c hallway/shelter from inclement weather, uncrowded bathrooms and short food lines--have put them increasingly in demand over the last 2-3 years. And Sox management--ever keen to sniff out a way of turning a dollar--finally decided to capitalize big-time this season.

I first bought some tikkees up there about 6 years ago and since then I've always thought it was worth spending a couple of extra bucks per ticket for all those pluses. Plus, if we ever felt the need for crowds and "ambience" (or churros...mmmmm), we could always take a quick trip downstairs. And in terms of the view of the game, the seats from just in back of 3B to the other side of the infield can't be beat. Except for sitting in seats I've been able to glom from a couple of season-ticket holders (2 of the 3 sources, corporate in nature), we regular schlubs just can't seem to get seats in the lower boxes anymore that offer as good of a view of the game.

This year, however, I think Clan Procol will be passing on the Club Seats--the price hike was just too much. We'll probably end up hiking to the altitudinally-steep lower reaches of the upper deck.

Soxboyrob
04-09-2003, 03:40 PM
The worst part of the club level experience is the fact that you can't get a grilled Kosher Dog up there. They either boil or steam them instead of blackening them on that grill w/ the onions. That reason alone renders the club section moot.

Procol Harum
04-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
The worst part of the club level experience is the fact that you can't get a grilled Kosher Dog up there. They either boil or steam them instead of blackening them on that grill w/ the onions. That reason alone renders the club section moot.

We usually stocked up on the Kosher pooches before heading upstairs. Mmmmmm...Kosher dogs. :smile:

doublem23
04-09-2003, 04:04 PM
I like sitting in the Club Level... when I get the chance. I haven't been there since they renovated it (last time I was there was September 2, 2000 against Anahiem) and I'm far too poor to get tickets up there. Isn't is Season Ticket only this year?

Who cares, anyways? The left field bleachers are, by far, the best seats in the house.

:)

Hullett_Fan
04-09-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Who cares, anyways? The left field bleachers are, by far, the best seats in the house.

Ditto that! :D:

My season tix are in Left-center...I'll be out there for Tuesday's game.

Bucktown
04-09-2003, 06:55 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. Based on the extra amenities and the fact that it is for half priced Monday I decided to go Club. $44 would be steep, but $24 was doable. Thanks for the dog tip, we will definitely do that downstairs.

We are far down the right field line, 3 rows up. The available box seats weren't much better.

However, when it is me and my pals we are heading back to the bleachers. Especially during the day where the view is great - if you know what I mean.

steff
04-09-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
I like sitting in the Club Level... when I get the chance. I haven't been there since they renovated it (last time I was there was September 2, 2000 against Anahiem) and I'm far too poor to get tickets up there. Isn't is Season Ticket only this year?

It's only full season if you want season seats there. There are plenty of single game tickets left.

duke of dorwood
04-09-2003, 09:04 PM
I LUV the club level-outside seats, and no concession or restroom lines. It gets no better than that

whitesoxwilkes
04-09-2003, 10:51 PM
If I want to watch a game on TV and sit on a plush couch, I can do that at home, where the beer is free. Give me my lower deck box seats anyday!

Stoky44
04-10-2003, 01:58 AM
Only bad thing about the club level is that I heard more season tickets were bought there this year. That means that the only single game tickets you can buy are way at the ends of the club level, you know in the out field 311, 312,,314,352,350. When you move really far down the foul lines towards the ends of the club level I wonder if $40 is really worth it? I mean 1st row of the upper deck is not much different at that point, excluding the amenities. I say why pay $40 for a seat far down the line. Get lower deck tickets and take them to the Bullpen sports Bar. If you know someone with Season tickets try to get in the Stadium Club.

I don't know for sure if the only club level seats are in the outfield, but I would find that out first before I spnd $40.

steff
04-10-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Stoky44
Only bad thing about the club level is that I heard more season tickets were bought there this year. That means that the only single game tickets you can buy are way at the ends of the club level, you know in the out field 311, 312,,314,352,350. When you move really far down the foul lines towards the ends of the club level I wonder if $40 is really worth it? I mean 1st row of the upper deck is not much different at that point, excluding the amenities. I say why pay $40 for a seat far down the line. Get lower deck tickets and take them to the Bullpen sports Bar. If you know someone with Season tickets try to get in the Stadium Club.

I don't know for sure if the only club level seats are in the outfield, but I would find that out first before I spnd $40.

This is not true. I just bought single game tickets at 3rd base for 2 games.