PDA

View Full Version : What a Sox Fan Wants!

photofetish01
04-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Hey

If you could pull the rug out from under Rob Gallas, what do you think would be your idea of the ultimate gimmick, promotion, interactive games or 'special days' at the cell that would land you his job! $!Cha-ching!$

thecell
04-09-2003, 02:09 PM
A day-night doubleheader with a midget wrestling tournament between games. Guaranteed sellout!

WinningUgly!
04-09-2003, 02:45 PM
Elvis night has been done to death. Time to move on to something bigger & better, like oh, I don't know, maybe...KISS?
http://www.themorlocks.com/talk/images/smiles/gene.gif http://www.themorlocks.com/talk/images/smiles/peter.gif http://www.themorlocks.com/talk/images/smiles/ace.gif http://www.themorlocks.com/talk/images/smiles/paul.gif
Pack the place with fans painted up in KISS makeup, KISS music between innings & top it off with a KISS concert after the game. I'm there.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/winningugly/WSIbanners/junk/COM-KISS-KEY.JPG

LuvSox
04-09-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by photofetish01
Hey

If you could pull the rug out from under Rob Gallas, what do you think would be your idea of the ultimate gimmick, promotion, interactive games or 'special days' at the cell that would land you his job! $!Cha-ching!$

I think you're still working for Gallas, as your profile suggests. Is this his new way to come up with ideas? Let's have "Beat-The-Hell-Outta-Rob-Gallas-Day" $5 gets a punch to his gut, $10 a kick in the groin, $15 a punch in the face.

thecell
04-09-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
I think you're still working for Gallas, as your profile suggests. Is this his new way to come up with ideas? Let's have "Beat-The-Hell-Outta-Rob-Gallas-Day" $5 gets a punch to his gut, $10 a kick in the groin, $15 a punch in the face.

Or we can have Rob Gallas wrestle with a bunch of midgets...midgets are cool.

photofetish01
04-09-2003, 03:16 PM
Yeah, I'm a SPY

LuvSox
04-09-2003, 03:21 PM
Yeah, I'm a SPY

Sarcasm is contagious. Go take some pictures of Macaroni & Cheese! :)

photofetish01
04-09-2003, 03:58 PM
Here you go!

dllrbll7
04-09-2003, 06:58 PM
I think we could use acouple more spies

ode to veeck
04-09-2003, 11:36 PM
P-Fetish,
Welcome to WSI.

If you look (or someone can point out), there a place on the site to post some of your sox photos if you're interested. I never find the time myself ...

For openers ...

How about a re-run of "fans get to make late inning managing choices", made by fans in the stands raising placards with players names on who should bat with men on base in late innings (maybe we could have gotton some PH for Royce last year) or who gets the call from the pen (could include non-choices , i.e "use anyone but NOT ...", with like player's name with the red circle and a bar over it--would've come in useful last year during the parque fiasco)

Add a dunk tank next to the outfield shower where fans get to throw $5 a ball at shots at dumping marrioti & other hand picked celebrity volunteers, with all the proceeds to charity of course

Put a retro baseball bathroom in the club seats section, complete with urinal troughs, cigars for sale and other long gone amenities

Incentive clauses with fans in mind--anytime the team loses three games in a row, the next home game attendance is free, with all lost proceeds deducted from aggregate team and managment contracts (pro-rated by the relative size of the individuals' contracts of course)

Bring back Minnie Minoso onto the active roster one more time, so his baseball career can stretch to what's like 6 decades or something --last time I remember him in an old timers game (some years back), he was the only one who could still play

Bring back double headers in the regular schedule on weekends, with between games contests for "The Wilbur Wood/Hoyt Wilhelm Cup" for high schoolers with the best knuckle ball ...

Co-locate local City League, Babe Ruth, Little League, & other championship games at Comiskey as openers for weekend day games

gosox41
04-10-2003, 11:39 AM
Hey

Gallas is an idiot. Reisndorf is a bigger one for keeping this jamoke around in the PR department. If someone had an idea here that could help the Sox sell out every game Jerry still would keep Gallas around and not hire this person. It's some loyalty issue or something.

Elvis Night is getting old. It's the SOS every year.

What else has Robbie really done other then that and Dog Day. How about some new material, new promotions, etc. I can go to Wrigley (but I won't) and get American Girl stuff for my neice or I can go to Comiskey and get magnetic schedules 3 days in a row.

As a Sox fan, what I want is to see Rob canned. He totally pissed me off after the 1994 strike with his comments. Being in PR, he should certainly know how not to piss off the customers!!

Bob

thecell
04-10-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
P-Fetish,
Welcome to WSI.

If you look (or someone can point out), there a place on the site to post some of your sox photos if you're interested. I never find the time myself ...

For openers ...

How about a re-run of "fans get to make late inning managing choices", made by fans in the stands raising placards with players names on who should bat with men on base in late innings (maybe we could have gotton some PH for Royce last year) or who gets the call from the pen (could include non-choices , i.e "use anyone but NOT ...", with like player's name with the red circle and a bar over it--would've come in useful last year during the parque fiasco)

Add a dunk tank next to the outfield shower where fans get to throw $5 a ball at shots at dumping marrioti & other hand picked celebrity volunteers, with all the proceeds to charity of course

Put a retro baseball bathroom in the club seats section, complete with urinal troughs, cigars for sale and other long gone amenities

Incentive clauses with fans in mind--anytime the team loses three games in a row, the next home game attendance is free, with all lost proceeds deducted from aggregate team and managment contracts (pro-rated by the relative size of the individuals' contracts of course)

Bring back Minnie Minoso onto the active roster one more time, so his baseball career can stretch to what's like 6 decades or something --last time I remember him in an old timers game (some years back), he was the only one who could still play

Bring back double headers in the regular schedule on weekends, with between games contests for "The Wilbur Wood/Hoyt Wilhelm Cup" for high schoolers with the best knuckle ball ...

Co-locate local City League, Babe Ruth, Little League, & other championship games at Comiskey as openers for weekend day games

Those are some pretty good ideas...too bad they will never materialize.

WinningUgly!
04-10-2003, 02:49 PM
Here's a crazy idea...

With reality TV shows being so damn popular these days, how about setting up a version of our own reality TV show at U.S. Cellular Field? Contestants would actually live at the park starting during the All Star game, to generate a huge national interest. They could compete in contests as vendors, in batting practice, go in the booth with Hawk & DJ for a half inning here & there, etc. Get them on TV as often as possible during game broadcasts & maybe even have an hour or so a week on TV, when the Sox are out of town. Eventually the media hype around this kind of thing would generate such a huge amount of interest, that people would start showing up just to see the "White Sox reality TV stars". Hell they could sit in booths outside the park, be part of the tail-gaiting, or just walk around inside the park like Disney characters. The "winner" could be determined by online voting or by fans cheering for their mugs up on the scoreboard.

Can I have Gallas' job now?

photofetish01
04-10-2003, 10:23 PM
Ode
Thanks, I have 3 photos posted in the gallery from spring training.
Check them out.

Actually, I thought about the dunk tank as well and agree that it would be awsome. Your other ideas were great as well!

gosox41

Yes, the SOS! I have a zillion refrigerator magnets and Elvis is so dead.
Why do you think I brought up the topic?

WinningUgly

TV show sounds cool! Maybe have a MLB player wannabe show?
Winner gets a million $, 1 season contract?

Whether any of these ideas will materialize? Who the hell knows!
It doesn't take a friggin rocket scientist to figure it out!

I think someone in the front office needs to sh*t or get off the pot!

thecell
04-10-2003, 10:55 PM
Ode
Thanks, I have 3 photos posted in the gallery from spring training.
Check them out.

Actually, I thought about the dunk tank as well and agree that it would be awsome. Your other ideas were great as well!

gosox41

Yes, the SOS! I have a zillion refrigerator magnets and Elvis is so dead.
Why do you think I brought up the topic?

WinningUgly

TV show sounds cool! Maybe have a MLB player wannabe show?
Winner gets a million $, 1 season contract?

Whether any of these ideas will materialize? Who the hell knows!
It doesn't take a friggin rocket scientist to figure it out!

I think someone in the front office needs to sh*t or get off the pot!

so i take it nobody likes midget wrestling?

LuvSox
04-11-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by thecell

Aww, come on thecell, everyone wants to see a Little Beaver

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-11-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by thecell

i support ya!

thecell
04-11-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
i support ya!

I run a midget farm...I can supply the midgets