PDA

View Full Version : Who is T Gordon?....

Tragg
04-08-2003, 11:38 PM
That couldn't be "Flash Gordon" could it? Why is he on this baseball team? Where is Gary Glover? Wuncsch?

I have been out of pocket practically all year, so I don't know much about our roster (obviously).

OfficerKarkovice
04-08-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
That couldn't be "Flash Gordon" could it? Why is he on this baseball team? Where is Gary Glover? Wuncsch?

I have been out of pocket practically all year, so I don't know much about our roster (obviously).

It is indeed the one and only Tom "Flash" Gordon. We signed him in the offseason.

RichH55
04-09-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
It is indeed the one and only Tom "Flash" Gordon. We signed him in the offseason.

And he should work out to be a nice pickup as well..

MHOUSE
04-09-2003, 09:15 AM
If he starts pitching better then he'll be a good asset. So far he's been iffy. I love his hook though. It's hot!

voodoochile
04-09-2003, 11:26 AM
Should change his nickname to "Flashfire" - because he can burn down a lead in no time flat...

czalgosz
04-09-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Should change his nickname to "Flashfire" - because he can burn down a lead in no time flat...

I wonder how much of his poor start has to do with (a) the cold weather (isn't it hard to throw a curve in the cold?) and (b) Sandy Alomar behind the plate. Alomar simply can't get down on pitches in the dirt anymore - I wonder if Gordon is laying off his best curve because of that.

Of course, I would be willing to listen to arguments that he just plain sucks. He's sucked in the past. But he's certainly worth the risk.

moochpuppy
04-09-2003, 11:36 AM
So far he's been pitching like a "Flash" in the pan.

RichH55
04-09-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
If he starts pitching better then he'll be a good asset. So far he's been iffy. I love his hook though. It's hot!

What are we .15 % done with the season....How about we wait til May before writing off guys entire years

pudge
04-09-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Tragg

What does "out of pocket" mean? Out of the country? Out of the planet? Out of the solar system? Where the heck have ya been, man! :)