PDA

View Full Version : nice gestures by sox

mike squires
04-08-2003, 11:14 PM
According to the Whitesox sight, they are allowing military personel enter games free of charge. My brother is currently stationed in Japan and will be home in June. You better believe we will be attneding a few on his leave!

Also, last year for getting the weekend package for Soxfest they sent tickets to us, however it was a game picked by the Sox...this year they sent us four to be used in April and May meaning my wife and I can go to two games for free...pretty sweet.

T Dog
04-08-2003, 11:40 PM
At the gate Saturday and Sunday, the Sox weren't selling upper deck seats because of the weather. To make up for the lack of cheap seats, the outfield ticket prices were cut in half. I don't know if that was publicized, but it was certainly a nice thing to do. I don't know if it helped attendance much. I was already at the park by the time I found out about the price break.

The park maintenance staff also put salt down to take care of the icy patches on the ramps.

dllrbll7
04-08-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by T Dog

The park maintenance staff also put salt down to take care of the icy patches on the ramps.

Man they went way out of there way on that one. Probably doesnt have anything to due with lawsuits from slipping on ice. I wouldnt exactly count that as a extra special thing that they did

RichH55
04-09-2003, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
Man they went way out of there way on that one. Probably doesnt have anything to due with lawsuits from slipping on ice. I wouldnt exactly count that as a extra special thing that they did

What do they have to do, personally place you on the pitchers mound as naked women adhere to your command? Come on...give credit where credit is due

dllrbll7
04-09-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by RichH55
What do they have to do, personally place you on the pitchers mound as naked women adhere to your command? Come on...give credit where credit is due

Now your talkin! I did think the other things by the sox were generous of them but the salt i didnt really think it was something we needed to thank them for or anything

TheBigHurt
04-09-2003, 07:56 AM
GETTING us David Wells IF that counts as a gesture.

BE GOOD

RichH55
04-09-2003, 12:36 PM
Now your talkin! I did think the other things by the sox were generous of them but the salt i didnt really think it was something we needed to thank them for or anything

Well the cheaper seats in the outfield coupled with free tickets for military personal as stated in another thread seems to be worthy of at least something that doesnt resemble contempt

konerkopeachy
04-09-2003, 03:54 PM
Probably doesnt have anything to due with lawsuits from slipping on ice. I wouldnt exactly count that as a extra special thing that they did

ah, the joys of strict liability.

RichH55
04-09-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by konerkopeachy
ah, the joys of strict liability.

If that were the case they would be better off not salting.....no shovel and no salt equals less liability for some unknown reason

Iguana775
04-09-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by mike squires
According to the Whitesox sight, they are allowing military personel enter games free of charge. My brother is currently stationed in Japan and will be home in June. You better believe we will be attneding a few on his leave!

makes me wish I was close to Chi-Town so I can go to a game for free since I am in the national guard.