PDA

View Full Version : Kip Wells

Bucktown
04-08-2003, 10:15 PM
Apparently our favorite perpetual future phenom got shelled by the hapless Brewers. Here is a quote from this story (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recaps/20030408/milpit.html) : "But Wells (0-1) couldn't find the strike zone in one of the wildest starts in years by a Pirates pitcher, walking seven in four-plus innings while throwing only 42 of 92 pitches for strikes."

Daver
04-08-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown
Apparently our favorite perpetual future phenom got shelled by the hapless Brewers. Here is a quote from this story (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recaps/20030408/milpit.html) : "But Wells (0-1) couldn't find the strike zone in one of the wildest starts in years by a Pirates pitcher, walking seven in four-plus innings while throwing only 42 of 92 pitches for strikes."

So he had a typical Kip Wells outing,he crapped his pants.

:)

MHOUSE
04-08-2003, 10:20 PM
Now that sounds like the Kipper Wells of old. Implosion! I remember a start of his vs. the Red Sox similar to that where he lasted part of a 10-run first inning. Well maybe Cy Kip was a fluke? Hard to tell with one start, but it makes me feel better.

Viva Magglio
04-08-2003, 10:25 PM
:hitless
But I had a crappy day: 5 LOB's a caught stealing, and 1 for 5 with an RBI

HawkDJ
04-08-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Now that sounds like the Kipper Wells of old. Implosion! I remember a start of his vs. the Red Sox similar to that where he lasted part of a 10-run first inning. Well maybe Cy Kip was a fluke? Hard to tell with one start, but it makes me feel better.

Well he only gave up 1 earned run somehow. This was his 2nd start. His first start he gave up 4 runs in 6 innings, so he's off to a rough start. Josh Fogg didn't do much better in his first start, he gave up 4 runs in 6 2/3 innings.

In other ex-Sox news, Jim Parque gave up 6 runs and 4 walks in just 1 and 2/3 innings of work against the Orioles.

RKMeibalane
04-08-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
:hitless
But I had a crappy day: 5 LOB's a caught stealing, and 1 for 5 with an RBI

Actually, that is a good day for The Choice.

ssang
04-08-2003, 11:42 PM
In all seriousness, I think that after reading Parque's stats in the last post, I have come to the conclusion that Jim Parque is the WORST pitcher in the major leagues.!! He is just plain terrible

MarkEdward
04-09-2003, 12:25 AM
Kip Wells' 2002 ERA+: 121

Todd Ritchie's 2002 ERA+ 76

Yup, that Kip Wells sure does suck. I'm glad he's not on our team anymore!

jeremyb1
04-09-2003, 02:36 AM
i guess kip is a bad pitcher now just like how maggs, paully, and carlos are all terrible hitters after their start to the season. kip had an era well under four last year. he's a good pitcher. we're going to have to deal with it. its not like the ritchie deal was a success and we're glad we don't have kip now because he had a pair of poor starts.