PDA

View Full Version : Konerko Still Struggling

valposoxfan
04-08-2003, 02:30 PM
Paul just continues to look terrible at the plate. His first at bat today was brutal..... :(: :(:

DonkeyKongerko
04-08-2003, 04:50 PM
For me I just hate when he swings and hits one of those weak choppers to third. He has his head down when he swings too so when he hits it like that he lowers his head even more and starts "running" to first.

MarkEdward
04-08-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by DonkeyKongerko
For me I just hate when he swings and hits one of those weak choppers to third. He has his head down when he swings too so when he hits it like that he lowers his head even more and starts "running" to first.

Konerko's usually very hard on himself. He probably gets really angry at himself when he hits those weak grounders

RKMeibalane
04-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Konerko hasn't swung the bat well in several weeks. I would suggest giving him a day off, but Manuel already tried that. At this point, I don't really know what is going to snap Paul out of his early-season slump. Perhaps some extra time in the batting cage might do him some good, assuming he isn't already doing that.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-08-2003, 06:45 PM
The important thing is that the team is winning. We're swinging the bats lousy but still winning. I'll be officially worried when we are still swinging the bats lousy but start losing. Until then...

:gulp:

LuvSox
04-08-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I don't really know what is going to snap Paul out of his early-season slump.

The hitting coach? Maybe not.........

gosox41
04-08-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
The hitting coach? Maybe not.........

Maybe they should give him another contract extension.

RKMeibalane
04-08-2003, 09:05 PM
A few months ago, I suggested that Ward be given the nickname "Commander Clueless," and this siutation is proof that I may have been onto something. Ward's time in Chicago has been characterized by "corpse ball," Frank's struggles last season, and now, Konerko's problems. Lee is also struggling. If Magglio begins to struggle, I will call for Ward's head.

MHOUSE
04-08-2003, 09:10 PM
Yeah Paulie seems to be really hard on himself. I feel bad that he is struggling after a career year and a lot of pressure to be a leader/big #s guy. I think he'll snap out of it soon. He's due. Lee just looks awful. I can't say anything positive about his at bats.

chisox06
04-08-2003, 09:17 PM
Well normally I would be concerned but with Paulie hes one of those players that is so good that he will snap out of it without a doubt so Im not too worried, and besides like someone mentioned the sox have won 4 straight, so nothing to be too concerned about.

HITMEN OF 77
04-08-2003, 09:46 PM
I'm not worried, its only the 7th game of the season, Paulie will come around! If it was the 77th game of they year I might start to worry. As the weather turns warm so will Paul's bat! I promise!

A.T. Money
04-09-2003, 01:14 AM
I'm with George on this. We're winning.

Guys like Jimenez, Valentin, Crede, and Alomar are hot right now, and it's enough to get by against the teams we're playing because our pitching has been superb. All of our bats were stiff against KC.

It's only been 7 games, and the weather has been terrible. I'm not concerned about Frank, Magglio, and Paulie yet.