PDA

View Full Version : Should Iraqi Info Officer Replace Gallas?

Procol Harum
04-08-2003, 11:38 AM
Iraqi Information Minister Mohammad Saeed al-Saraaf has made, er, uh, quite a splash with his insightful updates on the conflict in Iraq--would he be a good fit for replacing the unpopular Rob Gallas?

LuvSox
04-08-2003, 11:58 AM
I thought he was the Cubs beat writer for the Tribune

Procol Harum
04-08-2003, 12:02 PM
No, I think he works for the Sun-Times:

:moron

"U.S. troops are being crushed at the airport . . . and Sammy Sosa is a selfless team player!"

PaleHoseGeorge
04-08-2003, 12:09 PM
What a great idea! I can just imagine seeing this guy holding a press conference on the UD concourse. He'll say, "There are NO empty blue seats for over 100 miles! Do not believe the lies!"

:gallas
"Umm... err... look, we're having Dog Day with Flying Elvis and 'Make Love, Not War' sleepover promotion. If that doesn't draw fans, I don't know what to tell you."

LuvSox
04-08-2003, 12:10 PM
What about this guy.........

voodoochile
04-08-2003, 12:28 PM
Well, if they did the Sox would currently be 6-0 in every press release the team issued...

:MohammadSaeedal-Saraaf

"Routing the Royals was just the tip of the iceberg. The Sox will be 162-0 this year. I already have the game recaps and the official standings for the whole 2003 season. Would you like to know the score of the final game of the World Series which the Sox swept 4-0?"

34 Inch Stick
04-08-2003, 12:41 PM
I hate myself for saying this but I must.

He would bring a unique perspective to towel day.

LuvSox
04-08-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I hate myself for saying this but I must.

He would bring a unique perspective to towel day.

This is so f###ing funny I'm in tears! :whiner:

photofetish01
04-08-2003, 01:39 PM
Oh man, too funny, you guys are a riot!
This site kicks ass!

PaleHoseGeorge
04-08-2003, 02:06 PM
Quotes you can expect from the new Sox public relations director.

:MohammadSaeedal-Saraaf
"All White Sox Fans LOVE the upper deck."

"We have the Kansas City Royals surrounded. I don't see how they can survive."

"Terry Savarise ALWAYS wanted a ballpark just like the new U.S. Cellular. We simply didn't have the money to create it."

and later, in October:

"Today the tide has turned. We achieved numerous victories over the New York Yankees, and now lead the best-of-7 ALCS 10 games to 3.

voodoochile
04-08-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by photofetish01
This site kicks ass!

Welcome Aboard! :)

Daver
04-08-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by photofetish01
This site kicks ass!

Welcome aboard,and please keep taking great pictures.

:redneck

photofetish01
04-08-2003, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

I gotta say that you guys really make me laugh and it's all so very cool!

White Sox Fans Rock!

Hangar18
04-09-2003, 04:39 PM
Hey LuvSox.......I just fell out of my chair in the office here laughing my ass off at that Picture!!!!!! that has to be the funniest thing Ive ever seen here so far .................................................. ........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ode to veeck
04-10-2003, 12:13 AM
Iraqi Information Minister Mohammad Saeed al-Saraaf has made, er, uh, quite a splash with his insightful updates on the conflict in Iraq--would he be a good fit for replacing ...

... all the chairman's discussions ad naseum on the white flag deal. Actually, now that I think about it, I think that was actually Mohammad we were listening to tirading all along the last few years on "White Flag". --He impressed so well with that first job, he got elevated to his current (but obviously temporary) position. Next he's going to be an independent spokesman for Royce Clayton, the world's greatest living sneakered shortstop