PDA

View Full Version : Yankees vs. Twins Home Opener

Unregistered
04-08-2003, 10:15 AM
I'll be at Opening Day today at Yankee Stadium, where there will be snow everywhere and hopefully a Twins loss.
This will probably be the first time I'm actually rooting FOR the Yanks, so I'll be in rare form. Pettite vs. Cy Mays. I'll make sure to provide a recap and a drunken rant aimed at the Twins directly following the game. Stay tuned...

34 Inch Stick
04-08-2003, 10:24 AM
Anything less than a sweep will be unacceptable. Go get those Twinks early and often.

Unregistered
04-08-2003, 10:29 AM
Speaking of which, did anyone happen to notice our buddy Osuna take the loss by giving up the winning run in the 9th inning to the D-Rays on Saturday?

TheBigHurt
04-08-2003, 10:39 AM
FOR me these Twinkiees and Yankmees are the current top 2 worst hated by me. Heres the top 3:

1. Twinkiies
2. Yankmees
3. The Tribe

LuvSox
04-08-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
I'll make sure to provide a recap and a drunken rant aimed at the Twins directly following the game. Stay tuned...

Something that would make Ernest Hemingway proud, I'm sure. :gulp:

Originally posted by TheBigHurt
FOR me these Twinkiees and Yankmees are the current top 2 worst hated by me. Heres the top 3:

1. Twinkiies
2. Yankmees
3. The Tribe

1. Cubs
2. Red Sox
3. Twins

WinningUgly!
04-08-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Something that would make Ernest Hemingway proud, I'm sure. :gulp:

1. Cubs
2. Red Sox
3. Twins

1. Cubs
2. Twins
3. Cubs

thecell
04-08-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
1. Cubs
2. Twins
3. Cubs

1. Cubs
2. AAA Cubs
3. AA Cubs
4. A Cubs
5. Twins
6. Yankees

Unregistered
04-08-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by thecell
1. Cubs
2. AAA Cubs
3. AA Cubs
4. A Cubs
5. Twins
6. Yankees
1. Cubs
2. Teams with former Cubs
3. Twins

TheBigHurt
04-08-2003, 02:57 PM
I think i started a theme????????? :)

kermittheefrog
04-08-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by thecell
1. Cubs
2. AAA Cubs
3. AA Cubs
4. A Cubs
5. Twins
6. Yankees

Don't forget short season rookie league Cubs teams!

TheBigHurt
04-08-2003, 10:54 PM
WELL the 1st game of the top 2 teams i hate went to the Yankmees which is good because we need Twinkiies loses.

BE GOOD and continue losing yankmees and twinkiies

Unregistered
04-09-2003, 10:39 AM
OK, so the game went pretty well... the Twins lost, my bosses were happy cause I was rooting for the Yankees, Robin made a couple GREAT plays at 3rd and hit a nice 2-run shot. Osuna Struck out a couple, getting a little more respect from the idiot Yankees fans. ('' 'Suna or later you gotta start pitching well, Antonio!'' screamed one moron...) Matsui played a double off the wall and rocketed it back into the infield, saving a run in a tight 1-1 game, then hit that Grand Slam and the place went nuts. All these idiots from Long Island and Jersey going ''Met-Soo, thet gey's effin' great!'' all day... anyway, the best part was obviously that the Twins just looked bad after the 3rd inning, when everything just started falling apart. All in all, a good day. They cleared the snow off the field amazingly well, and the seats were dry. Today, I'll hit the game late, and hopefully can expect the same results.

By the way, as usual, the Yankee faithful continued to sing the praises of ''Paulie'' O'Neill, who apparently ''played every game like it was his last''. Today is O'Neill bobblehead day.