PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Pennant

bc2k
04-07-2003, 07:50 PM
2003 White Sox fans: This is our year. What’s that light blinding your eyes? That’s the oasis upon the horizon. The drought is almost over. A franchise running on empty now has the “Fuel” from Koch, and the flint to ignite it in Colon. Pennant. A united clubhouse. A great environment to work, a great environment for fans. The poor CHA drug dealers are leaving and we are richer for it. Clayton has moved an hour north, hopefully the CHA thugs will follow. Selig obviously loves garbage so he can take them in too. Buehrle, Colon = 40 combined wins. Valentin to Jimenez to Konerko. Cooper, Kimm, and Alomar will have great impact on the staff as well as Olivo. We are a team without holes. The comeback player of the year in the 3 spot. Even Tinkerbell will administer some bizarre but successful decisions. Double-play! Strike him out, throw him out. Score it 2-6. Olivo catching Colon. Will there be one stolen base on this pairing? Crash landing on his feet. Lee protecting Paulie who is protecting Maggs, protecting Hurt.

Farmer and Rooney. Hawk and D.J. on mute. Television off, Farmer and Rooney turned up. Humid summer night, seeing the game with only the help of John and Ed. “There is ball four right down the middle.” Torii Hunter getting visions of Kirby Puckett when a Koch heater burns his chin. Good times in April with a return visit from the flashers and brawlers. Firing up the players to fight the Twins, except our pitchers are much bigger and throw much harder than Butter. No more eyesore of Venezuelan flags for every Magglio at-bat. Manuel actually showing up to work clean-shaven. Kerry Wood still winless against the Sox. Signs that say, “Cubs fans: You have Wood, but our Koch is bigger.” Sosa’s love taps stealing the headlines from Buehrle’s perfect game in which the Sox won 1-0 in the 9th inning on ARow’s steal of home plate! Back-to-back walks to Lee and Hurt. Back-to-back home runs from MVP winner Ordonez and Konerko. 200 innings from each of the first four starters. The wind to our backs. Catching most of the breaks and hustling for the rest. Mr. Pierzynski meeting Mr. Fastball. Making me regret not taking out a loan to buy season tickets. Making me appreciate the bet I made for the Sox to win the pennant at the Monte Carlo sports book. Moronotti moving to the Dominican to follow his savior.
And up top, an owner who spends as freely as LeBron James’s mother. A GM who preys on the weak as well as the strong. A South Side pennant. The rainbow from the 1060 W. Addison ending with the pot ‘o gold at 35th and Shields. Comiskey in October. Home field advantage in the Series thanks to the win on July 15th. Valentin going first to third with a headfirst slide. Jackson reinstated. Paulie being Paulie. Konerko as the Leader of this team, the Captain of 24 Brothers. GRaffanIno, Tony g. Surprise! Loaiza and Stewart jumping out of your Birthday cake showing their double D’s! Double Digits in wins that is. Paulie making productive outs, scooping picks, hitting the gaps, playing like a winner. Lee, ARow, and Wright becoming the key to the division. The Nardi-cyst removed. This is our season. 2003. The year of the White Stockings. Embarrassing the Twinkies so bad that it gets Gardenhire, Garden-fired. Why is Koch coming out to Metallica’s "Fuel" when AC/DC’s “Big Balls” suits him better? White Sox baseball: It’s our year.

Daver
04-07-2003, 08:03 PM
Have you been drinking?

:)

Procol Harum
04-07-2003, 08:17 PM
Great oogildy-moogildy, bc2k--should we get in touch with the facility to tell them you've wandered away again?

Well, from your keyboard to God's ear....

dougs78
04-07-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
2003 White Sox fans: This is our year. What’s that light blinding your eyes? That’s the oasis upon the horizon. The drought is almost over. A franchise running on empty now has the “Fuel” from Koch, and the flint to ignite it in Colon. Pennant. A united clubhouse. A great environment to work, a great environment for fans. The poor CHA drug dealers are leaving and we are richer for it. Clayton has moved an hour north, hopefully the CHA thugs will follow. Selig obviously loves garbage so he can take them in too. Buehrle, Colon = 40 combined wins. Valentin to Jimenez to Konerko. Cooper, Kimm, and Alomar will have great impact on the staff as well as Olivo. We are a team without holes. The comeback player of the year in the 3 spot. Even Tinkerbell will administer some bizarre but successful decisions. Double-play! Strike him out, throw him out. Score it 2-6. Olivo catching Colon. Will there be one stolen base on this pairing? Crash landing on his feet. Lee protecting Paulie who is protecting Maggs, protecting Hurt.

Farmer and Rooney. Hawk and D.J. on mute. Television off, Farmer and Rooney turned up. Humid summer night, seeing the game with only the help of John and Ed. “There is ball four right down the middle.” Torii Hunter getting visions of Kirby Puckett when a Koch heater burns his chin. Good times in April with a return visit from the flashers and brawlers. Firing up the players to fight the Twins, except our pitchers are much bigger and throw much harder than Butter. No more eyesore of Venezuelan flags for every Magglio at-bat. Manuel actually showing up to work clean-shaven. Kerry Wood still winless against the Sox. Signs that say, “Cubs fans: You have Wood, but our Koch is bigger.” Sosa’s love taps stealing the headlines from Buehrle’s perfect game in which the Sox won 1-0 in the 9th inning on ARow’s steal of home plate! Back-to-back walks to Lee and Hurt. Back-to-back home runs from MVP winner Ordonez and Konerko. 200 innings from each of the first four starters. The wind to our backs. Catching most of the breaks and hustling for the rest. Mr. Pierzynski meeting Mr. Fastball. Making me regret not taking out a loan to buy season tickets. Making me appreciate the bet I made for the Sox to win the pennant at the Monte Carlo sports book. Moronotti moving to the Dominican to follow his savior.
And up top, an owner who spends as freely as LeBron James’s mother. A GM who preys on the weak as well as the strong. A South Side pennant. The rainbow from the 1060 W. Addison ending with the pot ‘o gold at 35th and Shields. Comiskey in October. Home field advantage in the Series thanks to the win on July 15th. Valentin going first to third with a headfirst slide. Jackson reinstated. Paulie being Paulie. Konerko as the Leader of this team, the Captain of 24 Brothers. GRaffanIno, Tony g. Surprise! Loaiza and Stewart jumping out of your Birthday cake showing their double D’s! Double Digits in wins that is. Paulie making productive outs, scooping picks, hitting the gaps, playing like a winner. Lee, ARow, and Wright becoming the key to the division. The Nardi-cyst removed. This is our season. 2003. The year of the White Stockings. Embarrassing the Twinkies so bad that it gets Gardenhire, Garden-fired. Why is Koch coming out to Metallica’s "Fuel" when AC/DC’s “Big Balls” suits him better? White Sox baseball: It’s our year.

GREAT 1000th post bc2K!

Procol Harum
04-07-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by dougs78
GREAT 1000th post bc2K!

Ah-hah! :D:

LuvSox
04-07-2003, 08:29 PM
You must've used spell-check, 'cause no one sober can write like that! :gulp: It's good though. GO SOX!

Banix12
04-07-2003, 08:39 PM
I think it's gonna happen this year because good things tend to come in 3's. We won the pennant in 83' and 93' and now it's 03' and it's our time again. And while we didn't win the world championship in those previous two attempts, remember 3rd time's the charm.

Lip Man 1
04-07-2003, 08:49 PM
Aaaaaahhh...the "optimism" of youth!

Lip

Banix12
04-07-2003, 08:58 PM
I was going to say delusional but optimism is a good word too

TheBigHurt
04-07-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by TommyJohn
Can I have some of whatever it was you took today?

LMAO, ok and while your at try take some of Sammies "Flintstones's vitamins". HEARD he takes the chewable kind now!!!!!! TRY Sammies # 867-5309 if their not currently in your local K-Martie.

BE GOOD

voodoochile
04-07-2003, 10:53 PM
Great Post! I love the passion...

Such a vision...

bc2k
04-07-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Great Post! I love the passion...

Such a vision...

Even better the second time, eh Voodoo? :D:

Thanks again for fixing it.

WhiteSox = Life
04-08-2003, 12:50 AM
Wonderful. Now, everybody, read it again on a warm, breezy day with the windows open to the tune of "Soulful Strut" by Young-Holt Unlimited.

You'll see what I mean.

WinningUgly!
04-08-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by bc2k
Signs that say, “Cubs fans: You have Wood, but our Koch is bigger.”
:) :gulp: :)
This is how milestone posts are supposed to be!
Nicely done bc2k!