PDA

View Full Version : Magglio vs. Jeff

Fridaythe13thJason
04-07-2003, 08:31 PM
Remember a few years back...

Jeff Abbott and Magglio tended to battle it out for the AAA Batting Title, Homerun Title, and MVP honors. They were always neck and neck, if Jeff wasn't ahead even.

Just something funny to think about now...with Jeff being who knows where, and Magglio being an MVP candidate.

Read the part under Jeff Abbott
http://www.bigbadbaseball.com/IFR/OLD/Chw97h.htm

It's also funny to think about us banking the future on guys like Mike Caruso, or really hoping for a big year from Brian Simmons. I hope we're not doing it again with guys like Rauch, Borchard, Hummel, etc.

duke of dorwood
04-07-2003, 08:40 PM
i dont think Hummell figures into future plans, for some reason. Just get that feeling. This is the big year for Rauch to turn it around, and Borchard will be the goods when this becomes HIS team.

Soxboyrob
04-07-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Borchard will be the goods when this becomes HIS team.

I'm starting to have my doubts. That's a pretty big assumption at this point. I sense the ghost of Brooks Kieshnick hovering around Borchard.

Daver
04-07-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
I'm starting to have my doubts. That's a pretty big assumption at this point. I sense the ghost of Brooks Kieshnick hovering around Borchard. Have you not seen enough of him to be convinced yet?

Huisj
04-08-2003, 12:45 AM
it's almost even more interesting to look back at the '96 link from the top of the page. they gave ordonez a D grade on that one, still had greg norton as a short stop (can you imgine him trying to turn a DP??), gave a hint that maybe jeff liefer was too old for where he was and wouldn't make it, said lee would be a big prospect if he would walk (took a while to figure that one out, but looked like he got it last year finally), and then at the bottom they even list crede as a top short season prospect. man it's was a long time we waited for him.