PDA

View Full Version : Five Basic Types of Cub Fans

Juan Pizarro
04-07-2003, 02:55 PM
I posted this in the Sports Illustrated thread but realized it would be perfect for the general conference.

I always remember what my dad classified as the Five Basic Types of Cub Fans (I guess you'd have to make it Six now with the cable fans in other parts of the country, but anyway...). And, yes, I know he probably didn't make it up. But he always said the five categories were:

1. The elderly, because they have nothing better to do during the day.

2. The infirm, for the same reason.

3. Little kids, because they don't know any better and like the day games.

4. Wimps, because they won't go to the South Side at night.

5. Racists, for the same reason.

Discuss!

cheeses_h_rice
04-07-2003, 03:16 PM
You forgot Fratboys, People From Iowa, and Bozo's Circus/Frasier Thomas Fans Who Never Left Mom's Basement.

Huisj
04-07-2003, 03:48 PM
people who don't really like baseball

Juan Pizarro
04-07-2003, 04:00 PM
cheeses,
I think your folks all fit under No. 4 or No. 5.

MHOUSE
04-07-2003, 04:24 PM
people who like to go to a smelly old park with weeds and do everything other than watch the game until their steroid-abusing right fielder hits a solo zinger while the team is losing by double digits. that can be #6 or 7.

Procol Harum
04-07-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
You forgot Fratboys, People From Iowa, and Bozo's Circus/Frasier Thomas Fans Who Never Left Mom's Basement.

Hey Son! Don't impugn the name of the late, great fat, friendly Frazier Thomas!! There are many of us in our 40s and 50s who still consider Garfield Goose the rightful King of the United States!

:)

cheeses_h_rice
04-07-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
Hey Son! Don't impugn the name of the late, great fat, friendly Frazier Thomas!! There are many of us in our 40s and 50s who still consider Garfield Goose the rightful King of the United States!

:)

Heh. Some Chelveston the Duck fans may have something to say about that...

LuvSox
04-07-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Heh. Some Chelveston the Duck fans may have something to say about that...

MRKARNO
04-07-2003, 05:24 PM
What about the old:

"WGN was the only channel showing baseball where I live(d)" excuse?

LuvSox
04-07-2003, 09:21 PM
As a matter of fact......... (http://www.thecubsuck.com)