PDA

View Full Version : Indians postpone opener with White Sox

Bucktown
04-06-2003, 11:41 PM
No game Monday. Here is the story (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2003/04/06/sports2152EDT0490.DTL) .

WinningUgly!
04-06-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown
No game Monday. Here is the story (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2003/04/06/sports2152EDT0490.DTL) .

With the forecast calling for 3-to-6 inches of snow and temperatures in the mid 30s, the Indians called off their game with the Chicago White Sox on Sunday night before the first snowflake had fallen.

C'mon, this is crap! Can't Bud Selig round up a few of them bright fluorescent orange baseballs? We can play in a little snow! :D:

fuzzy_patters
04-06-2003, 11:51 PM
The Toons are afraid, very afraid. They want to postpone the inevitable as long as possible.

:notoons

TheBigHurt
04-06-2003, 11:54 PM
YUP, so is and the home opener of the Yankmee's vs the Twinkiies. which is i big thing here in NY....

*A side not if i may were getting 6-12 inches and we thought we were done...............

BE GOOD

WinningUgly!
04-07-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
YUP, so is and the home opener of the Yankmee's vs the Twinkiies. which is i big thing here in NY....

*A side not if i may were getting 6-12 inches and we thought we were done...............

BE GOOD

The only good thing about big snows in April, is that it doesn't stick around long. :D: We'll be back to baseball in no time.

Viva Magglio
04-07-2003, 07:16 AM
...and the Lord may have shown whom He is not a fan of by forcing the cancellation of you-know-who's home opener today at Clark & Addision. And He did allow us to play our game, didn't He.

Meanwhile, the Indians and Yankees' brass were smart enough to call their games in plenty of time for people to rearrange their plans. Yet, this particular team waits until it's too late for people to rearrange their plans. Now I wonder how much criticism (beyond Score hosts) this team will receive. You know for sure that if our home opener was today and we waited until 7:00 a.m. to call the game, the media would have given us holy hell for it.

Iguana775
04-07-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Bucktown

what a bunch of wussies!!!! lol

Kilroy
04-07-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
...Meanwhile, the Indians and Yankees' brass were smart enough to call their games in plenty of time for people to rearrange their plans. Yet, this particular team waits until it's too late for people to rearrange their plans. Now I wonder how much criticism (beyond Score hosts) this team will receive. You know for sure that if our home opener was today and we waited until 7:00 a.m. to call the game, the media would have given us holy hell for it.

Poppy-cock... (wow, I never used that one before)...

The Chicago area is famous for predicting 6 feet of snow and then getting just about enuf to make a decent snow cone. If they'd cancelled the game yesterday, and that happened, how dumb would they look? They waited for bad weather, got it, and cancelled the game, and plenty early enuf for the old ladies in Cowpie, Iowa to not stroll down to the VFW hall and make the schoolbus trip.

Murph and Fred just don't have anything to talk about so they are just bitching to be bitching. At least this time its about the Cub and not the Sox like it usually is.

T Dog
04-07-2003, 08:38 AM
I heard on the radio yesterday that if the weather is bad today, the Cubs will open on Tuesday.

I wonder how full Wrigley Field would be if the opening day crowd had to wait two hours for the game, uncertain if it would be played.

When I left the Cell after the Saturday and Sunday games, the temperature reading outside was below 30 degrees. Yet those sub-20,000 weekend crowds will officially count as evidence that the fans don't support the Sox.

MHOUSE
04-07-2003, 08:42 AM
I was there on Saturday to support them despite the upper deck cold. I bet it was worse yesterday though. That wind was brutal!

T Dog
04-07-2003, 09:02 AM
I wonder how many passes Rocky will leave for friends if the Expos ever get a chance to play the Cubs this week. I plan to see him pitch in Milwaukee at the end of the month.

Because the Expos only make one trip to Wrigley this year, any postponements might be up to the umpires and not the team.