PDA

View Full Version : My only opening day complaint

mike squires
04-06-2003, 08:41 PM
I had a wonderful time at opening day despite Chicago Bear type weather...however something upset my wife and I very much...

There was a group of fans standing in the Handicapped section in the upperdeck watching the introductions and National anthem (us included) however a few seconds after the announcer requested a moment of silence an usher comes bursting in and with a loud voice said, "Let's go folks, you can't be here...find your seats." During the moment of silence.

I realize he was doing his job (NOt really, we were standing there for almost 15 minutes) but he waited until the moment of silence...it really pissed us off...

LuvSox
04-06-2003, 09:02 PM
http://www.andyfrain.com

Bring back these guys!

kevingrt
04-06-2003, 09:31 PM
:crimedog!

Stoky44
04-06-2003, 11:25 PM
You should have gotten the guys name and compained. He should be hired, that jack-@$$

Stoky44
04-06-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Stoky44
. He should be hired, that jack-@$$

fired not hired. sorry it is kinda late.

duke of dorwood
04-07-2003, 08:35 AM
My complaint? We were soaked and cold from being there around noon. Went in around 3:15-and went out to get dry clothes, they would not let us back in unless we paid for parking AND bought another ticket. We had stubs from both the lot and the game. Our thanks for investing over 4 hours in them that day. That, in my opinion, since there were not a lot of fans still there , was not nice.

Fisk72
04-07-2003, 08:54 AM
I haven't been on for a couple of days so I haven't been up on what all has been discussed and I suppose I'm a little lazy to go back and look so if any of this has already been brought up before, then you can move this post. Anywho, I was among the many drenched and frozen that stuck out the home opener Friday. Although I liked the new jumbotron on the main scoreboard I was upset that they moved over the batter's info to the other screen because they did a crappy job posting stats once the lineup went around after the first time. I know it's all about the money, but they kept running ads and messages on the left field screen instead of showing how the batter had done so far in the game. That really pissed me off. Also, now that they have those new United Center monitors between the upper and lower decks, I'm wondering where they will (of if they will at all) put the retired numbers. Perhaps I missed the relocation of them, but I thought it was pretty class-less of them to not have the retired numbers up at all. Ok, I'll get off the soapbox now.

gosox41
04-07-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
My complaint? We were soaked and cold from being there around noon. Went in around 3:15-and went out to get dry clothes, they would not let us back in unless we paid for parking AND bought another ticket. We had stubs from both the lot and the game. Our thanks for investing over 4 hours in them that day. That, in my opinion, since there were not a lot of fans still there , was not nice.

The sign clearly states that once you leave the park you may not reneter. However, on bad weather days they will let you back in. In order for this to happen vist Guest Services (behind homeplate) and they'll give you something that gets you right back in if you leave.

Bob

Juan Pizarro
04-07-2003, 11:21 AM
We were ready to punt the day away -- as did most of our group of 20 -- when we got to our car and found we were parked in. (It was the public lot by the train tracks off 33rd. Nice and muddy.)
So we fired up the heater and waited it out. (I had gotten really soaked because my nephews insisted on sitting in the stands. It was just drizzling at the time, and I didn't want them to be all alone. Whammo, open up the skies!)
Anyway, the heater is finally taking effect when we dial in AM 1000. "There WILL be baseball at the top of the hour." The Cell's lights go on; we dash back to the park.
The usher at the gate we went to was overwhelmed. He just threw his hands up and let everyone with stubs back in.
Of course, now we are due for the Hardship Equity Seat Upgrade. (There were only four of us left.) We went from Box 535 to Box 127. Very sweet, and a nice, quick, satisfying ballgame to boot!
:gulp:

Dadawg_77
04-07-2003, 11:51 AM
Went to the park and had some the best seats in the house. Section 113 row 33, right under the upper deck overhang. Beautiful, didn't get wet but the wind was cold.