PDA

View Full Version : $1 hot dog Thursdays at the Cell

HawkDJ
04-06-2003, 07:59 PM
Every thursday starting Dog Day (pun intended by Mr.Gallas).

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_press_release.jsp?ymd=20030405&content_id=260472&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp

dllrbll7
04-06-2003, 08:51 PM
Its about time!

PaleHoseGeorge
04-06-2003, 09:31 PM
:gallas
"Well of course it's a great promotion. Just don't ask me what they put in them!"

:)

konerkopeachy
04-06-2003, 09:38 PM
mmm. hot dogs. I finally have enough money to take the Red line home now...bwah hah hah.

Daver
04-06-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by konerkopeachy
mmm. hot dogs. I finally have enough money to take the Red line home now...bwah hah hah.

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

konerkopeachy
04-06-2003, 09:41 PM
hey, thanks! :D

looks like i'll have fun here.

can't stop thinking about those hot dogs, though.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-06-2003, 09:48 PM
"I'll let you Sox Fans in on a little secret."

"My original promotional concept was '$1.00 Beer Night'. God, that would've been great! Miller was going to give us a hell of a discount, too."

"Then the higher-ups put the kebosh on the idea. I'll never understand it."

VeeckAsInWreck
04-06-2003, 09:58 PM
How about $1 Hot Chocolate in April????

I understand that the park sells them for $1.50, but they serve them in specimen cups! Make them bigger and cheaper!

Other than that, I am still thawing from today's game!

MRKARNO
04-06-2003, 10:02 PM
3.75 is too much for a hot dog. THey should have $1 dollar hot dogs whenever the sox are up by 6 or 7

whitesoxwilkes
04-06-2003, 10:04 PM

can't stop thinking about those hot dogs, though.

Hope these are better than the dollar dogs in Minnesota...

And what the heck is a Konerkopeachy?

hose
04-07-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Hope these are better than the dollar dogs in Minnesota...

The only time I have ever thrown away a hot dog was in the Hump Dome.....bleecch

hsnterprize
04-07-2003, 06:24 AM
mmm. hot dogs. I finally have enough money to take the Red line home now...bwah hah hah. As Axl Rose once said, "Welcome to the jungle...we got fun and games..."

We'll give you your standard vines to swing from your ceiling after the initial 30-day probationary period. Just don't break anything once you get them...we aren't paying for the damage.

jortafan
04-07-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by hose
The only time I have ever thrown away a hot dog was in the Hump Dome.....bleecch

They can't be any worse than those nasty-tasting things I made the mistake of buying the one game I went to Wrigley Field last year.

Of course, a bad hot dog was probably part of the punishment of wasting my time and money up north, rather than spending it wisely at a Sox game.

FanOf14
04-07-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by hose

You apparently never had a hot dog at the Peoria Civic Center (at least the ones they serve at the Rivermen's game - BYE BYE RIVERMEN!!!! GO CYCLONES!!!)

thecell
04-07-2003, 01:09 PM
It looks like they will only be offering the sickening Armour hot dogs for a buck...not the yummy Best's Kosher dogs.

doublem23
04-07-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
You apparently never had a hot dog at the Peoria Civic Center (at least the ones they serve at the Rivermen's game - BYE BYE RIVERMEN!!!! GO CYCLONES!!!)

While I've only been to the PCC for Braves games, the dogs there aren't bad. Not worth the price, mind you, but not bad.

Either ways, all hot dogs are pretty sickening, in my opinion, but I could force myself to eat a couple for a buck a pop. :smile:

MarkEdward
04-07-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by thecell
It looks like they will only be offering the sickening Armour hot dogs for a buck...not the yummy Best's Kosher dogs.

Hot dogs.
Armour hot dog!
What kind of man wears Armour hot dogs?!

Chisox353014
04-07-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
"Well of course it's a great promotion. Just don't ask me what they put in them!"

:)

Speaking of which, anybody else a 'Wild Chicago' viewer? it's that show on Channel 11 that does segments on wierd and/or interesting stuff around Chicagoland. Anyways, last night they did a piece on the Vienna plant on Damen where they showed how they make hot dogs and sausages. Yikes! If I wasn't already avoiding hot dogs due to a recent bad check-up cholesterol-wise, seeing that would have made me stop regardless. :o:

Procol Harum
04-07-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by thecell

Forget those--I haven't bought one of their regular dogs in 25 years--not after discovering the wonders of Best's Kosher Zion dogs. Mmmmmm, Kosher dogs. Now--$1 for one of those babies--that's what I'm talkin' about!!

mike squires
04-07-2003, 10:36 PM
OH no, you're still paying regular price for a it dog...they just raised the parking fee to 15!!! They make you think you are getting a deal. You can buy an uppderdeck seat cheaper than you can park...parking is out of hand. BUt i'll still eat a few dogs...

PaleHoseGeorge
04-07-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
Forget those--I haven't bought one of their regular dogs in 25 years--not after discovering the wonders of Best's Kosher Zion dogs. Mmmmmm, Kosher dogs. Now--$1 for one of those babies--that's what I'm talkin' about!!

I'm a sausage snob myself. My first stop whenever I visit the Cell is the Shortstop Grill (or whatever they're calling it these days) and order a bratwurst with kraut, a bag of peanuts, and a frosty draft Becks. Later, I might order a Polish sausage. They always grill 'em just right at the Cell.

The kids get all-star value meals. Those come with regular hot dogs which they seem to enjoy, especially since I hold my nose and allow them to eat with ketchup. Kids will eat anything. :smile:

I have to be pretty desperate to eat the regular hot dogs. Of course even the lowest of USC dogs are superior to what comes out of those germ-infested steamers at the Urinal. I don't know how those octogenarian Flubbie fans don't keel over and die with their very first bite. I'm guessing the nitrites get into their blood stream and act like a perservative or something. Their whole body goes numb. Before they know it, the Cubune is hiring them for ballpark security.

:gulp:

A.T. Money
04-08-2003, 12:20 AM
Those Best Kosher dogs are good man. My girlfriend and I usually get a polish with grilled onions, and peanuts with beer.

Thursday with dollar dogs might get me out to catch a couple Thursday games...(I have weekend season tix).

ShoelessFred
04-08-2003, 12:35 AM
i think we all must admit that the cell has some of the best food for a sports stadium that i have ever had. i've been to my fair share of stadiums around the country and must say not too many places can compete.