PDA

View Full Version : paul in for frank

calebhatesyou
04-06-2003, 05:54 PM
we should start josh paul as our DH and bench frank. platoon him with daubach. paul scored the ru nto tie the game (because frank is such a dumpus on the bases) and then slapped a 2 RBI single. he's batting 1.000 with an astronomical RC. long live stat heads!!!

kevingrt
04-06-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by calebhatesyou
we should start josh paul as our DH and bench frank. platoon him with daubach. paul scored the ru nto tie the game (because frank is such a dumpus on the bases) and then slapped a 2 RBI single. he's batting 1.000 with an astronomical RC. long live stat heads!!!

Theo Epstein Red Sox Sabermetrical GM should be looking for him soon!

kermittheefrog
04-06-2003, 06:18 PM

Is the idea here just to make fun of statheads? If so why?

TheBigHurt
04-06-2003, 06:26 PM
LOL Big frank shall never sit....IF we like Josh why not put get him more shots at C???

BE GOOD and i didnt get a chance to say it yet whoooohooooooo

Zednem700
04-06-2003, 09:11 PM

Umm anyone who thinks stat heads would support dumping Frank for Josh Paul doesn't know anything about stats and even less about stat heads. OBP is king and Josh paul can't get on base at anywhere near a decent rate. He also has no power. My god Josh Paul is literally a joke amongst the stat heads.

Oh yeah, RC isn't a rate stat its a cumulative stat. It might be a good idea to know what you're talking about when you try to mock something, otherwise you look like an idiot.

gosox3072
04-06-2003, 09:16 PM
Really why do we even have josh paul up in the big leauges, we all know that he wont ever start, shouldnt he be playing and getting better in the minor leauges?????

Daver
04-06-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by gosox3072
Really why do we even have josh paul up in the big leauges, we all know that he wont ever start, shouldnt he be playing and getting better in the minor leauges?????

The problem is he won't get any better..........

calebhatesyou
04-06-2003, 11:36 PM
jeez. i didn't realize i was going to get into a mess here. i was using teal ( i was hoping it would come off as a "ha, ha you could maybe look at it that way" sarcasm, as opposed to the " you look like an idiot" ). hey, i was having fun starting a thread (i'm kinda new here). maybe it was kinda like calling a Budhist a Jain, or something to that effect. bottom line is: i meant no ill will. please forgive. i'll just go hide behind the opinions of daver for a while. he seems to have his ducks in a row.

Banix12
04-06-2003, 11:44 PM
The reason Josh Paul is in the big leagues was because he was out of minor league options and they would rather see him on the bench than let him play for someone else.

TheBigHurt
04-07-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by daver
The problem is he won't get any better..........

LOL, unfortunately daver your right.....ACTUALLY you always are :)

*A side note ill admit i used spell check for unfortunately!!!!!

BE GOOD