PDA

View Full Version : 1st Comeback Win Of Sox Season

kevingrt
04-06-2003, 05:10 PM
1st Comeback win along with a 8 run 2 out rally in the 8th... Hopefully this is a sign of things to come even though it was against the lowly Tiggers

calebhatesyou
04-06-2003, 05:40 PM
i can definately appriciate the win today. we took advantage when it was given and maggs crushed one for good mesure. this win doesn't really show character, but more for stick-to-it-iveness that most teams shold have. it may even speak well for JM who's players played like the pros he expects them to be regardless of starting, sitting, or comming off the bench in a 30 degree game. go sox

hose
04-06-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
1st Comeback win along with a 8 run 2 out rally in the 8th... Hopefully this is a sign of things to come even though it was against the lowly Tiggers

I was a little steamed when Manuel was bunting in the 3rd inning. :angry: The young pitcher from Detroit just walked the lead-off man and had a 2-0 count on Olivo. Then the disastrous bunt .

Jiminez comes up next and smacks a homer :o:

When the Sox didn't score with men on first and third and no outs in the 6th I thought it might be the Tigers day to finally win a game. Carlos made the third out on a 3-2 pitch that just missed being a grand slam.

In the seventh Olivo hammers a ball home run distance and it hooks foul .

Of course the bottom of the 8th throws my theory out the window :D:

kevingrt
04-06-2003, 07:36 PM
Of course the bottom of the 8th throws my theory out the window

Beatiful theory! :D: