PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Sox v. Tigers Sun. 4/6/03

Brian26
04-06-2003, 04:39 PM
Josh Stewart pitches into the 7th and only gives up one run. Brilliant performance.

Jose still hot.

Konerko and Mags still struggling.

Brian26
04-06-2003, 04:44 PM
YES

Olivo with a walk to take the lead. Good eye on the knuckleballer.

valposoxfan
04-06-2003, 04:45 PM
I knew the Tigers would make enough mistakes for us too win.....WHOO HOOO!!! This may be me being paranoid but does anyone think there may be team chemistry problems with the Sox??

Brian26
04-06-2003, 04:48 PM
NO chemistry problems. Winning will bring them together too.

Could the guy that picked up Jimenez' double have been any more of a duechebag? Olivo wouldnt have scored anyway, but what a moron.

Brian26
04-06-2003, 04:49 PM
Josh Pall with a big hit

valposoxfan
04-06-2003, 04:54 PM
I cant STAND fans who catch fair balls...ARGGGHHHH!!!!! Have some common sense and some knowledge of the game.

Fridaythe13thJason
04-06-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
I cant STAND fans who catch fair balls...ARGGGHHHH!!!!! Have some common sense and some knowledge of the game.

I think they should be thrown out immediately. If you reached onto a basketball court and tipped away a pass, they would take you away.

Brian26
04-06-2003, 04:57 PM
Right. The idiot didnt even know it was a fair ball, and he looked like he just won the lottery. Some of the fans around him were getting on him.

Mags homer almost came back into the park, & Hawk and DJ were saying "YES" before it landed. That could have been embarrasing.

Lip Man 1
04-07-2003, 12:05 AM
Couple of things from both sides of the fence.

First off I still don't like "can't miss kids," especially when you are trying to make the post season but fair is fair and Stewart was brilliant today (of course it was only against the Tigers) If he can give this club anything approaching ten wins that would be an incredible bonus.

Now then...that big 8th inning rally almost never happened because Carlos "The Butcher" Lee and Aaron Roward couldn't get a ball out of the infield with the BASES LOADED AND NOBODY OUT. (What was that about clutch hitting?)

Also did anyone notice the Sox were flummoxed again by ANOTHER no name pitcher????? Greg (Don) Knotts had them handicapped. By the way another rookie Frankie Rodriguez goes for Cleveland Tuesday (weather permitting)... stay tuned.

And I really enjoyed Olivo (I think) bunting into that double play in the 3rd inning. Nothing like fundamentals eh? The kid fits right in with the veterans there!

It was nice to be the "sweeper" rather then the "sweepee" but this team still has a long way to go in my opinion.

Lip