PDA

View Full Version : I don't know if anyone mentioned this...

doublem23
04-06-2003, 02:51 PM
But Mike Downey has officially become a tool.

GASHWOUND
04-06-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

LOL, yeah, I bet we all miss Sammy :smile:

WhiteSox = Life
04-06-2003, 06:09 PM
:bluerock

Unless they are of strong heart, mind, and soul, it is only so long before someone working at the Tribune can avoid the Cubbie Influence.

gosox41
04-07-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

Did anyone notice the Cubune had 9 articles relating to the Cubs on Sunday and 2 on the Sox (including Cubs/Sox notes). Now I know Sammy hitting his 500th was a big deal to all the loser Cub fans, but he did it on Friday.

Sure funny how the paper markets Sammy and the Cubs like this on the day they sell the most papers and not in Saturday's paper.

Bob

chunk
04-07-2003, 06:58 PM
Back during ST, on one of his little numbered ramblings, He pretty much listed all of the cubs promotions for the next few months. Now thats sports journalism, folks.

RichH55
04-08-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by chunk
Back during ST, on one of his little numbered ramblings, He pretty much listed all of the cubs promotions for the next few months. Now thats sports journalism, folks.

In this town that still qualifies you to be the next Bob Woodward....I mean who is he competing against? The Moron? Whenever I watch Around the Horn and see the talent that Boston has to offer, I'm jealous. I mean when is the last time we had a writer in the same league as Bob Ryan? Just wondering./..that question is for the old timers out there

Dan H
04-08-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by RichH55
In this town that still qualifies you to be the next Bob Woodward....I mean who is he competing against? The Moron? Whenever I watch Around the Horn and see the talent that Boston has to offer, I'm jealous. I mean when is the last time we had a writer in the same league as Bob Ryan? Just wondering./..that question is for the old timers out there

Bill Gleason was a great columnist in his hey day. At the present time, you can't under-estimate the Chicago sports media. It is difficult for them to be fair where they are so biased.

TheBigHurt
04-08-2003, 09:42 AM
IS a tool like a "tool box". MY friend uses that quote a lot

BE GOOD sonny