PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Management

Bucktown
04-05-2003, 05:07 PM
I know the Tigers are awful, but you have to love their management. Especially if you grew up a Tiger fan like me. Trammel, Gibson, Parrish, Willie Horton, Al Kaline. I think they should get rid of the players and let the managers play. Even today those guys would win at least a few games.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-05-2003, 06:44 PM
Isn't sad how pathetic the Tigers franchise has become?

I remember being truly psyched when MLB realigned and the Sox would FINALLY get to renew their century-old rivalry with our closest long-time rival, Detroit. With Cleveland already in the A.L. Central, it would be the first time the Sox played head-to-head for the title against as many as two charter A.L. franchises since the conclusion of the 1968 season. After years of playing all the carpet-bagging teams of the league (like Milwaukee, for example), the Sox would FINALLY compete against some teams with real history behind them.

Alas, it hasn't worked out that way. The Tigers have been a major disappointment, so far.

I blame this guy:

:garner
"Hi **** faces! I'm going to pitch inside, and if you pitch inside right back, my guys are going to come out swinging fists! I'm going to intimidate my way all the way to the pennant, just like I did in Milwaukee!!! Well, umm.... okay, maybe not."

Bucktown
04-05-2003, 06:57 PM
I don't blame Garner. I blame Monoghan and Bo Schembechler. They screwed up that franchise. Afterall, these are the idiots that fired Ernie Harwell.

MarkEdward
04-05-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown
I don't blame Garner. I blame Monoghan and Bo Schembechler. They screwed up that franchise. Afterall, these are the idiots that fired Ernie Harwell.

I'd blame Randy "Damion Easley for six million a year? What a deal!" Smith, actually.

hose
04-06-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Bucktown
I know the Tigers are awful, but you have to love their management. Especially if you grew up a Tiger fan like me. Trammel, Gibson, Parrish, Willie Horton, Al Kaline. I think they should get rid of the players and let the managers play. Even today those guys would win at least a few games.

Nothing but respect for those Tigers.

Now here are some guys that were complete and total #$@!#

1- Phil Garner
2- Bill I can't stand him Madlock (my most hated player)
3- Robert Fick
4- Todd Jones

* all EX Tigers woo-hoo!! don't have to look at their mugs anymore