PDA

View Full Version : Forget the Twins...


Bucktown
04-05-2003, 06:05 PM
What is up with the Royals? They won again today . Somebody should make the entire team pee in a cup. Not only did they seep us, but I was impressed with that pre-season game where they beat us 2-0.

StepsInSC
04-05-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown
What is up with the Royals? They won again today . Somebody should make the entire team pee in a cup. Not only did they seep us, but I was impressed with that pre-season game where they beat us 2-0.

Yes...mwa hahaha then we can steal their pee and have the Sox drink it to obtain their power. Oh, oops, uh nevermind.

koch44
04-06-2003, 12:56 AM
Don't worry about the Royals, because remember last year when Cleveland got off to a 9-0 start.

TheBigHurt
04-06-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by koch44
Don't worry about the Royals, because remember last year when Cleveland got off to a 9-0 start.

GOOD a ahh, point!!!!!!!

BE GOOD sox

calebhatesyou
04-06-2003, 01:56 AM
we shouldn't forget the royals. they are markedly improved. it's true they may not be able to last the whole season, but they are making their way back on the AL central map. pena is a good coach and randa and sweeny are just impresive not to mention the countless youngsters on that team that could all turn to gold for them. they remind me af the twins like 1 ( if they stick) or 2 (if they fold) years ago. i respect them either way for putting together a coherent plan for success. atleast they aren't just marching out minor league players and has beens like the tigers who have no chance at doing anything else besides playing "spoiler" from opening day.

MHOUSE
04-06-2003, 03:25 AM
They looked good against us and it doesn't look like a fluke. I doubt they can maintain it for a whole season or even very long but I don't think we can assume 2 of 3 against them anymore. The Tigers seem to be a sweep in the bag before the series starts. 4 runs in 5 games? OUCH!

Tragg
04-06-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by calebhatesyou
we shouldn't forget the royals. they are markedly improved. it's true they may not be able to last the whole season, but they are making their way back on the AL central map. pena is a good coach and randa and sweeny are just impresive not to mention the countless youngsters on that team that could all turn to gold for them. they remind me af the twins like 1 ( if they stick) or 2 (if they fold) years ago. i respect them either way for putting together a coherent plan for success. atleast they aren't just marching out minor league players and has beens like the tigers who have no chance at doing anything else besides playing "spoiler" from opening day.

I agree - the Twins came from nowhere 2 years ago; we came from nowhere in 1990. Just hope the Royals finish like we did in 1990 and not like the twins in 01

hsnterprize
04-06-2003, 10:48 AM
Let's keep this in mind...yes, in this early part of the season, the Royals are hot. There's no question they do not want to be ignored or taken for granted. The Sox shouldn't take the Royals, or any team for granted. With all the hype of the "White Sox/Twins" race for the A.L. Central Division race, it shouldn't be a surprize that a team like the Royals is playing like it is. It's like some kid who is being ignored yelling "What about me!!!!!".

I hope the Sox take EVERY opponent, regardless of the caliber of the team, seriously. The Sox are capable of winning year after year, but it takes sober perspectives from the organization to do that. We fans should also take that into account.