PDA

View Full Version : What the...

voodoochile
08-16-2001, 09:49 PM
Why did we pitch to Palmeiro?

My Grandmother knows you don't do that with the tying runs in scoring position and first base open... And she's been dead for 15 years...

It's the first time I've used this tag, but right now this is how I feel...

:firejerry

Bmr31
08-16-2001, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Why did we pitch to Palmeiro?

My Grandmother knows you don't do that with the tying runs in scoring position and first base open... And she's been dead for 15 years...

It's the first time I've used this tag, but right now this is how I feel...

:firejerry

i agree. on the other hand irod WAS on deck......

Jerry_Manuel
08-16-2001, 09:55 PM
This is all after the fact but if Tony doesn't boot that ground ball Palmeiro never hits in that inning.

voodoochile
08-16-2001, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31

i agree. on the other hand irod WAS on deck......

Yeah, but Rafael is not only one of the great clutch hitters of his generation, but he was 2 for 2 with a double already AND he is left handed (Kip is obviously not...)

Bmr31
08-16-2001, 10:25 PM

Yeah, but Rafael is not only one of the great clutch hitters of his generation, but he was 2 for 2 with a double already AND he is left handed (Kip is obviously not...)

oh i agree with you. I can just think of many worse mistakes Jerry has made....

voodoochile
08-16-2001, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31

oh i agree with you. I can just think of many worse mistakes Jerry has made....

Undoubtably so, but at that moment I hit my limit. I don't really want him fired, I was just venting...

:JMstays

Jerry_Manuel
08-16-2001, 10:38 PM
Undoubtably so, but at that moment I hit my limit. I don't really want him fired, I was just venting...

:JMstays

:jerry
I knew you would see things my way VC!

Nellie_Fox
08-16-2001, 11:28 PM
I wasn't watching (obviously, since it wasn't on here,) and Baseball Tonight showed about five seconds of Sox highlights, so I need to know, were there less than two outs? If there were two outs, I don't think you walk him to have IRod up with the bases full. Less than two outs, you might want to set up the force at any base and the dp.

voodoochile
08-16-2001, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
I wasn't watching (obviously, since it wasn't on here,) and Baseball Tonight showed about five seconds of Sox highlights, so I need to know, were there less than two outs? If there were two outs, I don't think you walk him to have IRod up with the bases full. Less than two outs, you might want to set up the force at any base and the dp.

There were two outs. Which in my mind makes it even worse. With two outs you play the match ups, IMO. Palmeiro already had a single a homer and a walk in 3 AB's. Kip was on the mound and there was no lefty in the pen... Walk him and get to IRod...

I am not as experienced as JM (obviously), but this one was a no-brainer to me...

Jerry_Manuel
08-16-2001, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

Well what sucked was that Tony made an error in the same inning. If he doesn't make the error then Palmeiro never bats in the inning.

FarWestChicago
08-16-2001, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Well what sucked was that Tony made an error in the same inning. If he doesn't make the error then Palmeiro never bats in the inning.

If we didn't employ the Sieve Strategy of defense all night the game would have been a blowout. :)