PDA

View Full Version : Teddy Greenstein...

DrCrawdad
04-04-2003, 11:57 PM
An announcement in the press box: "Here's today's paid attendance: 40,395."

Now can we have the actual attendance?

When Teddy was writing his witty missives for the Cub beat, did he EVER ask for the actual attendance?

2 hour rain delay. The coldest home opener in nearly 30 years. The Sox lose the first 3 of the season. Big surprise that Comiskey wasn't packed today.

Teddy Greenstein, you're a Tool, you're a Jagbag, you're a Bum and a Richardhead!

CHISOXFAN13
04-05-2003, 01:31 AM
Don't forget Drillrod!!!

Pete_SSAC
04-05-2003, 01:33 AM
Sox will declare actual attendence the moment the Cubs announce sober attendence.

- Pete

chisoxt
04-05-2003, 08:39 AM
Everytime you actually hear this guy on radio or TV, the tone coming out of his mouth reminds you how much he hates covering the Sox and would rather be writing for the Cubs. Teddy is an east coast guy who likes to be around all of the glamour.

I am so sorry he is the beat reporter for our team. I swear to God, the Trib's obituary writer would be more upbeat than this clown!

FanOf14
04-05-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
a Richardhead!

LMAO!!! I don't expect much more from the trib, that's why I generally don't go out of my way to read them. If someone at work brings one in, I'll take a peak, but that is the extent of my tribune reading.

hose
04-05-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
Don't forget Drillrod!!!

LOL !!! My favorite line. I would like to see Drillrod in the cool tag index.

"Laddie if I find the drillrods that messed with my mail box I'll ........"
:wills

cheeses_h_rice
04-05-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
When Teddy was writing his witty missives for the Cub beat, did he EVER ask for the actual attendance?

2 hour rain delay. The coldest home opener in nearly 30 years. The Sox lose the first 3 of the season. Big surprise that Comiskey wasn't packed today.

Teddy Greenstein, you're a Tool, you're a Jagbag, you're a Bum and a Richardhead!

Also, it's really easy to write a snide comment like that, sitting in the comfy confines of the press box. I'm telling you, I have never been so cold at a baseball game as I was last night. I lasted 5 innings.

Lip Man 1
04-05-2003, 01:34 PM
Paul Sullivan told me he is from New York City and is a Yankee fan.

I was also told by another member of the media, that at the time the Sports Editor of the Tribune (who is from the South Side and is a Sox fan) was considering hiring another person to work the Sox beat.

I was never told the reason why this was even being considered (if in fact it was true)

Apparently for whatever reason (budget?) a new person wasn't hired (again if this was even true.)

Lip