04-04-2003, 07:31 PM
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

All right, let's get #2 tomorrow!

voodoochile
04-04-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

I made it through 4.5. The no-no got broken up and then the game was official. Everyone was out of gloves, so I went home. Made it in time to see the last few outs in the 8th and Billy's perfect 9th.

SOX WIN! SOX WIN!

dllrbll7
04-04-2003, 07:38 PM
Hopefully they continue playing like this

chisox06
04-04-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

I'll be there! Lower deck reserved, right field, if I see any WSI gear I'll be sure to say hi.

A momentous occasion, my first sox game without my parents, ahh freedom is a wonderful thing!

Procol Harum
04-04-2003, 07:55 PM
Well, that's more like it. Three thoughts:

1.) Joe Crede is good.

2.) Unstoppable ESTEBAN LOAIZA!

3.) Glad I watched parts of this from home, rather than being out in that mess. Yeeeecccchhh! Let's hope the Cubs have the same sort of weather for their opener.

lowesox
04-04-2003, 07:56 PM
I can't wait to hear all those who wrote this team off change their tune now that we have a win under our belt. I may even forgive some.

lowesox
04-04-2003, 07:58 PM
1.) Joe Crede is good.

Two things that are definitely worth being excited about. I may be alone on this, but I think Crede and Rowand are going to make for a very interesting bottom of the order.

And I'll be very happy with our number 4 and 5 guys if Danny Wright can get healthy quickly.

WinningUgly!
04-04-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum

I know it's only one game, but could Loaiza turn into the 2003 version of Cal Eldred? A guy who's been around the league for a few years, comes here with basically no expectations of him & thrives?

whitesoxwilkes
04-04-2003, 08:16 PM
I toughed it out through the whole game! Beers and brats in the parking lot with Steff, Hangar and some other WSI folks followed by 2 hours worth of rain delay theatre (drinking heavily on the concourse) and a relatively quick game in the cold. Worth the shivering to see Koch strike out the side in the 9th as well as Loaiza show a lot of guts on the hill.

valposoxfan
04-04-2003, 08:35 PM
Some good partying goin on tonight at Valparaiso University!!!!!! Big win today guys!!! Let's keep it up tomorrow!!! WSI crew goin to the game on Tuesday give me a holler!!!!! Go Sox!!!
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Lip Man 1
04-04-2003, 08:42 PM
Folks:

With respect...some of those who were condemming the "pessimists" said that three games do not make a season.

True... just like one game win does not make a season.

Let's see where the Sox are after April playing a soft schedule. The May slate could make the season one way or the other. It's a killer.

On another note, I'm very sorry Sox fans who waited all Winter had to sit through one of the most miserable opening days ever. Typical Sox luck.

I'm sure the Cubs will open to good weather Monday....that's the way it works.

sigh...

Lip

SouthSideHitman
04-04-2003, 08:43 PM
I was also there for the whole thing and was so glad I stayed to watch Koch torch 'em in the ninth.

It was just what I though the Sox could do this year solid starting pitching, good bullpen, good defense and timely hitting. And Joe Crede continues to tear it up. WATCH OUT!

michigan84
04-04-2003, 08:55 PM
Guys, don't get too overly excited, it's the Tigers. Their pathetic offense is tied for last in MLB with the Braves. Tigers have only 4 runs and 13 hits in 4 games. Just think about it, White Sox offense outscored the Tigers season output just tonight! If they continue this trend, I think Buehlrle could have a big game tomorrow.

A win is always good though.

MHOUSE
04-04-2003, 09:16 PM
It is only the Tigers, but a WIN is a WIN! We need to put away inferior competition and focus on the tough match-ups.

Crede is awesome. I hope he continues to tear it up. Glad to see all the waiting and hype has been worth it. Robin Ventura #2?

I was right! Loaiza came through. He looked good in his spring training starts which I caught parts of. He mowed down the Cubs. I am glad that we'll have an experienced (hopefully consistent) guy in the bottom of the rotation. Woo Hoo!

delben91
04-04-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by michigan84
If they continue this trend, I think Buehlrle could have a big game tomorrow.

If Buehrle is pitching tomorrow, does that slate Stewart for Sunday? A bit strange to shuffle the rotation so early in the season since both pitchers will be facing the same team? I mean, if we were playing the Twins and pushing Stewart back would allow him to face Tampa Bay or something, I could understand. But both days it's the Tigers...is there some rationale behind the decision?

Daver
04-04-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by delben91
is there some rationale behind the decision?

Yes,keep your top pitchers on a regular rotation of five days,this makes perfect sense.

gosox3072
04-04-2003, 10:59 PM
Mark is pitching tommarow but on chisox.com it seys that josh stewert is slated for sunday, could this be wrong or is the rookie gonna really get his chance.

guillen4life13
04-04-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by gosox3072
Mark is pitching tommarow but on chisox.com it seys that josh stewert is slated for sunday, could this be wrong or is the rookie gonna really get his chance.

April 6th was the day he was told to prepare for.

gosox41
04-04-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
I know it's only one game, but could Loaiza turn into the 2003 version of Cal Eldred? A guy who's been around the league for a few years, comes here with basically no expectations of him & thrives?

While it would be nice I doubt it . Eldred couldn't stay healthy for very long. When he was healthy, he was highly effective. Loiaza is 31 years old and past his prime. He has a history of hot starts and then fading out in June.

Let's hope it's different, but I wouldn't bank on it.

Bob

TheBigHurt
04-04-2003, 11:17 PM
NEVER got a chance too say it yet today :gulp: :). WHOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WhiteSox = Life
04-04-2003, 11:35 PM
You Can Put It On The Board, Yes!

And, sorry, I just had to do this...
Originally posted by delben91
is there some rationale behind the decision?

:jerry
"Ra-tion-ale? The Tinkerer knows of no such word."

HITMEN OF 77
04-05-2003, 12:14 AM
Glad we finally won, are the Royals that good or were we that bad in the first 3 games?

TheBigHurt
04-05-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
Glad we finally won, are the Royals that good or were we that bad in the first 3 games?

I think we were that bad key word were ....we just needed a victory that shall lead to many others :)

StepsInSC
04-05-2003, 01:12 AM
A WOOT in the general direction of Chicago.

34 Inch Stick
04-05-2003, 10:58 AM
The weather was miserable. Still, as I said in another post, I loved being at opening day. A bad day at the ballpark is better than a good day at work.