PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* Opening Day Sox vs. Tigers 4/4

A.T. Money
04-04-2003, 03:07 PM
Well how about it boys and girls.

Let's snap the funk with a White Sox winner at home.

Rain Delay is good, because I'm selfish and wanna watch this game on TV (I'm stuck at work) and these days games are killing me because I wanna see my Sox play.

delben91
04-04-2003, 03:10 PM
From what I've heard on other threads, a rain out is pretty feasible. How's it looking out there to those in the area? Will we get this game off?

A.T. Money
04-04-2003, 03:18 PM
Since it's a day game, and you have 40,000+ fans at the game, they can afford to wait it out. This game may not start until 5-6 PM.

TheBigHurt
04-04-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
Since it's a day game, and you have 40,000+ fans at the game, they can afford to wait it out. This game may not start until 5-6 PM.

SO how bad is it raining it Chi-town?????

BE GOOD

DrCrawdad
04-04-2003, 03:23 PM
I don't see any chance that this game will be played today. It's terrible weather - dark, lightening, thunder and an absolute downpour.

Is there anyone who thinks they'll play?

TheBigHurt
04-04-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
I don't see any chance that this game will be played today. It's terrible weather - dark, lightening, thunder and an absolute downpour.

OHH..so now i know where were getting it from.......

BE GOOD

A.T. Money
04-04-2003, 03:31 PM
I work on the north side, so all I can see is that is pitch black out there. The windows are also tinted, so it makes it worse, but I can't tell if it's raining.

GASHWOUND
04-04-2003, 03:37 PM
dark, lightening, thunder and an absolute downpour.

I hope that's the forecast and not a precursor for our season. :o:

TheBigHurt
04-04-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
[B]I work on the north side,/B]

WE feel for you........I hear the North Side is bad to say the least..AT least thats what i hear

BE GOOD

A.T. Money
04-04-2003, 03:51 PM
I'm more north than Wrigley.

I also live on the north side.

Geography association with team loyalty doesn't mean anything anymore.

SpringfldFan
04-04-2003, 04:38 PM
If our much awaited home opener at the improved park gets rained out that would sure be a ominous sign in this early season nightmare, wouldn't it? :(:

CLR01
04-04-2003, 04:41 PM
They were pulling the tarps so hopefully we can get this party started.

A.T. Money
04-04-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by SpringfldFan
If our much awaited home opener at the improved park gets rained out that would sure be a ominous sign in this early season nightmare, wouldn't it? :(:

Nope, just that the weather in Chicago during April is crappy.

SpringfldFan
04-04-2003, 04:44 PM
It *is* an early spring storm so as bad as it is it should pass quickly. However, we are gonna be stuck watching this game played in freakin 40 degree weather. The ball is going to be dead and that will only serve to equalize the Sox and the pathic Tigers.

Too bad Loiza is starting. I would like a fireballer in there to put bees in their bats as it gets cold.

If this one is played and winds up 2-1 Detroit, don't blame me!

guillen4life13
04-04-2003, 07:22 PM
THIS is the team we've been waiting for! These guys are executing!

cheeses_h_rice
04-04-2003, 07:25 PM
I just got back from the Cell. I had 5 layers on, and I was still incredibly, incredibly cold, sitting there in my seat, so I left at the end of 5 innings. A decent crowd (18-20K) was still there when I left, but it was getting colder by the inning, so I don't think you'll see more than a few thousand folks there in the 9th.

Still, decent game: Loaiza and Crede made a big difference, and others stepped up a bit. Let's hope they can hold on for W #1.

dllrbll7
04-04-2003, 07:35 PM
Ya i waited around till 4pm and then when the lightning and thunder started decided to get out of there because we being the smart kids we are decided to stand in the rain from noon on. It was still a good time but wish i could have seen the game.

voodoochile
04-04-2003, 07:51 PM

Well they shouldn't have. Game time temp was 35 degrees. That after standing around getting wet for 1.5 hours because I went down at the last minute. Should have trusted my instincts and left at 4:00...

Reinsy needed his pound of flesh before they were going to call it and then they got lucky and actually got the game in.

Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I just got back from the Cell. I had 5 layers on, and I was still incredibly, incredibly cold, sitting there in my seat, so I left at the end of 5 innings. A decent crowd (18-20K) was still there when I left, but it was getting colder by the inning, so I don't think you'll see more than a few thousand folks there in the 9th.

Still, decent game: Loaiza and Crede made a big difference, and others stepped up a bit. Let's hope they can hold on for W #1.

As you know they did. I left as the Sox were batting in the 5th.

Did you think the Sox had a little gamesmanship going when they introduced the Tigers starters and then left them standing there on the 1B line for 20 minutes in 35 degree temperatures while they introduced every f'n Sox player they possibly could (including Dan Wright unless my eyes deceived me) and then did the full color guard and the balloon release. Those were some cold tiggers before the first pitch was ever thrown.

Loaiza looked great to me. Mixed it up well and made his pitches. I got some pictures, including the lineups, new TV, first pitch, first fireworks (thanks, Joe) and some other stuff. I'll post it later...

hose
04-04-2003, 09:03 PM

I didn't think they had any chance at all to get that game in today.

Roger Bossard gets a save.

alohafri
04-05-2003, 05:30 PM
I left at 4:00 as well. The lightning and thunder didn't bode well for a baseball game in our eyes.

Naturally, we got to Ashland and Cermak when they announced that the tarp was coming off of the field. We got to my buddy's Oak Park home and it was coming down in Biblical proportions again and we figured that the game would be called.

Sure enough, no rain on the sout' side and the game went on. Oh well, pizza and beer in a warm family room isn't a bad alternative.