PDA

View Full Version : Without Beltran

Gammons Peter
04-04-2003, 12:21 PM
Nobody has mentioned that K.C. was without their second best player. Carlos Beltran is a 30-30 guy who sat out the series.....

MHOUSE
04-04-2003, 02:08 PM
.....and they still beat us. Maybe they're a better team than anyone thought. I like their manager Pena. He seems to have a good philosophy and gets a lot from mediocre players.

michigan84
04-04-2003, 08:59 PM
They keep this up, they could finish 2nd in the Centra. I think they are way better than the Indians and Tigers and maybe us :(

delben91
04-04-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by michigan84
They keep this up, they could finish 2nd in the Centra. I think they are way better than the Indians and Tigers and maybe us :(

Well, they definitely took it to Cleveland tonight. Beat them to a tune of 5-1. Break up the Royals.

WhiteSox = Life
04-04-2003, 11:50 PM
With all the talent the Royals have lost the last couple of years, I think it would be really great for them to have a nice year and finish around .500 (which nobody would expect them to do). KC could really benefit from playing well and getting the fans to come back out to the park.

From what I've seen (the little that I have... damn day games during school hours), Peņa has got the Royals playing solid ball and doing quite well.

Here's to the Royals, except for when facing the White Sox, in the 2003 MLB Season!

:gulp:

WinningUgly!
04-05-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Gammons Peter
Nobody has mentioned that K.C. was without their second best player. Carlos Beltran is a 30-30 guy who sat out the series.....

As bad as the Sox played during the series, it wouldn't have mattered if KC had their AA team out there.

TheBigHurt
04-05-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
As bad as the Sox played during the series, it wouldn't have mattered if KC had their AA team out there.
OR A for that matter :) ....WE were that bad DAM :angry:

:) BUT hopefully its done

WinningUgly!
04-05-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
OR A for that matter :) ....WE were that bad DAM :angry:

:) BUT hopefully its done

And that damn bad.