PDA

View Full Version : A Good Night's Sleep And New Perspective

34 Inch Stick
04-04-2003, 08:44 AM
After sleeping on that sweep I am feeling less pessimistic. Even if the Sox and the weather suck, I couldn't be happier about taking half a day and going out to the ballpark. I am going to cheer today and hope for a win to get this season going in the right direction.

The only downer will be the tortuous smell of Polish sausage cooking on a Friday during Lent. Where did we ever come up with that rule. I wish Vienna would invent a fish sandwich that tasted like a grilled Polish.

Scotty347
04-04-2003, 08:52 AM
I feel the same way. As disgusted as I was yesterday afternoon, I am excited to head over to the park today for the opener. Lets just hope the rain holds out. I can usually see the ballpark from my window in the Sears Tower but right now its only a thick fog.

Time to put the three game series behind us and get a couple (hopefully at least 2) wins at home. I'm interested in seeing Loiza today and Stewart on Sunday should be fun to watch.

Let's get a win today!

harwar
04-04-2003, 09:07 AM
The weather will be brutal but if i could have hand-picked an opponent for today,it would have been Detroit.The Tigers are the one team that i would have picked to play right now.They are bad and we usually beat them anyway.

cheeses_h_rice
04-04-2003, 09:25 AM
I heard on the radio this morning that the 35th Street overpass is fixed, the CTA Station at 35th is totally open, and all construction on the road that parallels the Ryan is done.

My plan is to dress like it's going to be 25 degrees -- so I'll be pleasantly surprised by how "warm" it feels at the park -- and to take an umbrella. A couple of MGD's won't hurt, either.

I'm expecting a little rain but not enough to delay the game too much. I'm looking forward to it.

:gulp: :gulp:

voodoochile
04-04-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I heard on the radio this morning that the 35th Street overpass is fixed, the CTA Station at 35th is totally open, and all construction on the road that parallels the Ryan is done.

My plan is to dress like it's going to be 25 degrees -- so I'll be pleasantly surprised by how "warm" it feels at the park -- and to take an umbrella. A couple of MGD's won't hurt, either.

I'm expecting a little rain but not enough to delay the game too much. I'm looking forward to it.

:gulp: :gulp:

25? You better dress like it's -25 if you want to be warm. These Early-April games always leave me colder than any Bears game...

It's probably psycomological...

cheeses_h_rice
04-04-2003, 11:22 AM
I just read Tom Skilling's online forecast, and he says today will be the single heaviest rainfall day of 2003 so far!!! Great news!!! It's raining heavily in the Loop right now, so I honestly wonder if the game will happen, or even start.

voodoochile
04-04-2003, 11:24 AM
I just read Tom Skilling's online forecast, and he says today will be the single heaviest rainfall day of 2003 so far!!! Great news!!! It's raining heavily in the Loop right now, so I honestly wonder if the game will happen, or even start.

Radar doesn't look too bad, of course it depends on what else is out west coming this way...

Radar Loop (http://weather.chicagotribune.com/radar/mixedcomposite.asp?region=a4&size=2x&type=loop)

Brian26
04-04-2003, 11:28 AM
Anyone get caught in that downpour last night downtown? I had an umbrella and still got soaked.

cheeses_h_rice
04-04-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Radar doesn't look too bad, of course it depends on what else is out west coming this way...

Radar Loop (http://weather.chicagotribune.com/radar/mixedcomposite.asp?region=a4&size=2x&type=loop)

Sweet. I'm a lot more positive after seeing that -- it looked completely clear west of this current glop o' crap!

Daver
04-04-2003, 11:30 AM
Sweet. I'm a lot more positive after seeing that -- it looked completely clear west of this current glop o' crap!

I have good news for you,the sun is out in Joliet right now.

koch44
04-04-2003, 11:54 AM
Wooohooo!, only 25 more minutes until I'm off to The Cell! :smile: :gulp:

valposoxfan
04-04-2003, 12:41 PM
I like when the WSI crew is optimisitc! Let's get out to The Cell and turn this baby around!!! See ya guys there!! GO SOX!!!!!
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :smile:

voodoochile
04-04-2003, 12:50 PM
CRAP! (http://weather.chicagotribune.com/radar/mixedcomposite.asp?region=a4&size=2x&type=loop)

voodoochile
04-04-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
CRAP! (http://weather.chicagotribune.com/radar/mixedcomposite.asp?region=a4&size=2x&type=loop)

Doesn't look good. Anyone in the south loop area can give an actual out the window viewpoint? Up north by me, it isn't even raining...

MHOUSE
04-04-2003, 02:06 PM
We got some thunder and heavy rain last night but right now it is overcast and cold, but no rain in sight. However, I am up 94 by Gurnee so I can't say anything about the city.

Konerko05
04-04-2003, 02:12 PM
As I was typing this message saying that the rain has let up alot, it started pouring again. No good.

Konerko05
04-04-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Konerko05
As I was typing this message saying that the rain has let up alot, it started pouring again. No good.

Now it is just drizzling again. Who knows what its going to look like when the game starts. Hopefully we can get it in without any delays.

Iwritecode
04-04-2003, 02:27 PM
Currently I'm about 30 miles south of Rockford and almost directly west of the park. I just heard some thunder and went to the window and it started pouring. It looks like it's on the way and may last awhile. I'd say right now there's about a 30% chance that the game will be played today.

Boy, what a great idea it was for the team to start the season on the road while it was in the upper 70's in Chicago...

Chisox353014
04-04-2003, 02:30 PM
I'm a stone's throw from the Hancock Building and right now it's drizzling and about as cold as it can get without snowing here. You couldn't have asked for more miserable Opening Day weather. The Sox' horrid play in Kansas City can't affect the weather too, can it?

Daver
04-04-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
The Sox' horrid play in Kansas City can't affect the weather too, can it?

It's Royce Clayton's fault.

doublem23
04-04-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by daver

Well obviously...

:)

PaleHoseGeorge
04-04-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by daver

He was 0 for 3 with a walk the other day. I'm sure he's crowing about his improved OBP even as we speak.

:hitless
"My exceptional glove work is evident in my superior bat handling capabilities, too. And of course I do all of this while wearing tennis shoes, too."

Brian26
04-04-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
I'm a stone's throw from the Hancock Building and right now it's drizzling and about as cold as it can get without snowing here. You couldn't have asked for more miserable Opening Day weather.

It's brutal out right now. Dark too. Feels like early November. The lights will have to be on at the Cell.