PDA

View Full Version : Last years World Series champs started 3-8

SoxxoS
04-04-2003, 12:53 AM
Just food for thought.

siugrad25
04-04-2003, 02:09 AM
And that was in an awesome division... If the Angels can escape the A's and Mariners, surely we can somehow topple the Tigers, Twins and down the road, the Royals.

We just can't keep up with this pesimistic attitude, I'll be the first to bitch about these first three games, but just think Atlanta's 0-3 and Arizona is 1-2, does that mean the people in Atlanta should just pack it in b/c they got swept? Cheer up guys, it's 3 vs. Detroit, I believe 4 at Cleveland and then it's 3 at Detroit before getting revenge against the Royals back at home. IT'S NOT OVER, NOT BY A LONG SHOT.... GO SOX! :gulp:

upnorthsox
04-04-2003, 09:11 AM
Yes Anaheim started 6-14 last yr but 13 of those losses came against playoff teams(Seattle, Oakland, Cleveland) from the yr before. They also went 21-3 after that against the team they should beat.

pudge
04-04-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by upnorthsox
Yes Anaheim started 6-14 last yr but 13 of those losses came against playoff teams(Seattle, Oakland, Cleveland) from the yr before. They also went 21-3 after that against the team they should beat.

That's exactly why I laugh when people point to the Angels - they had a brutal schedule in April... plus, they are a much more fundamentally sound ballclub.

Someone pointed out that Atlanta is 0-3 right now - Atlanta is a mess right now - Byrd and Hampton on the DL. We had our two aces going against KC.

Arizona is 1-2... yep, against the Dodgers, and because Nomo threw a gem.

We are 0-3 against the Royals because we played like crap. There's a big difference.

longshot7
04-04-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by upnorthsox

yes, but as someone who watches the Angels regularly, they looked GOD AWFUL last year. We'll pick it up - don't worry.

jeremyb1
04-04-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by pudge
That's exactly why I laugh when people point to the Angels - they had a brutal schedule in April... plus, they are a much more fundamentally sound ballclub.

Someone pointed out that Atlanta is 0-3 right now - Atlanta is a mess right now - Byrd and Hampton on the DL. We had our two aces going against KC.

Arizona is 1-2... yep, against the Dodgers, and because Nomo threw a gem.

We are 0-3 against the Royals because we played like crap. There's a big difference.

the indians are brutal? come on. and i'm sure you're were calling the angels the world series contenders after their slow start because they had a tough schedule. give me a break. you're going to argue that a bad series against a bad team means our seasons is over or in serious jeopordy.