PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day At Home Thoughts!

Stoky44
04-03-2003, 09:38 PM
Ray, people will come Ray. They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. . . . And they'll walk out to the bleachers. Sit in shirt sleeves on a perfect afternoon. They’ll find they have reserved seat somewhere along one of the baselines where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes, and they’ll watch the game, and it will be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters ... The one constant through all the years has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It’s been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball…has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh, people will come, Ray. People will most definitely come .

Terrence Mann (James Earl Jones) to Ray Kinsella (Kevin Costner) in the film "Field of Dreams," 1989

I know it is easy to get negative after being swept, but lets keep in mind we have waited all winter for this day. We have had all this excitement built in us throughout the off season; for this day to go stand and cheer for our White Sox after months of nothing and waiting. Keep in mind we have still tons of games left. Let us walk through the gates of US Cellular and forget the last three games. Try to remember what gave us this love and passion for this game... let those feelings show through tomorrow. I felt that this scene has giving me a new spirit tonight and I hope to spread that to all of you.