PDA

View Full Version : We Will Be Fine! Calm Down

soxman56
04-03-2003, 10:12 PM
Last year we started out with 2 wins and 4 losses. Remember we lost 2 out of 3 to seattle and 2 out of 3 to kansas city. But we ended up having a 16 win and 9 loss april. we did great that month. Just causewe get off to an o and 3 start doesn't mean we'll suffer. Plus, it's just 3 games out of 162. Look at the bright side. We're coming home to play the tigers. 0 and 3 means nothing. The Angels were like 6 and 15 but look what happened to them. My point is don't get upset. I was p*ssed off about the sweep but I know we will be better. It's not like we weren't going to get sweeped anyway. You know it will happen sometime. I guess our time came first. We will learn from our mistakes and dominate! DONT GIVE UP!

Soxboyrob
04-03-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by soxman56
Last year we started out with 2 wins and 4 losses. Remember we lost 2 out of 3 to seattle and 2 out of 3 to kansas city.

This crap drives me nuts.
We started 0-2 in 2000.
We started 2-4 last year.
We were .500 at the all star break in '83.
The Yankees lost their first three last year.

This isn't freakin' 2000, '83, 2001 or the Yankees. We look like horsepiss out there this year. And the fact that we're only three games into the season doesn't change the fact that Manuel is still our manager going forward from here, we play no defense and we don't get enough walks. We've got serious problems to address.

-Jimenez' ability to play infield defense for a whole season remains to be seen.
-Overall, our infield defense is a huge question mark. Even the great range of Valentin can be expected to start to decrease as he ages and becomes more injury prone. Is this the year where the range can't overcome the errors? Is Crede still too wet behind the ears to be consistent on defense?
-Will we ever get some offensive production out of the 8 and 9 holes?
-Will Manuel suddenly become a good manager tomorrow?
-Will Garland EVER shake off the "young" tag and take on a new tag, such as "good?" or "consistent?" or "consistently good?"
-we have horrid defense at the catcher position. Olivo would set a world record for passed balls if allowed to play all season. Alomar can't throw. Paul....ah, never mind.

There are some good things....
-our offense will hit, eventually.
-Jimenez seems like he'll be ok in the leadoff spot.
-our bullpen is better than it's performed.
-Wunsch looks as good as ever.

The concerns I note above are not things that will just go away if we get hot and start to win games. These are things...very important things....that will cause us problems all year. Damn it, I'm nervous. I don't care how early it is. We've been hearing this early stuff for years.

MHOUSE
04-03-2003, 11:13 PM
way to stay postive. I think some people here need to take some of this medicine. If we're 0-6 going into the Cleveland series then I might be a little more anxious. I think Loaiza will surprise a lot of people tomorrow.

MHOUSE
04-03-2003, 11:17 PM
I was replying to soxman, but in response to rob I agree on most of those but I think we should hold off on those criticisms for another series or two. I mean three games isn't a lot to go on so wait to see if the guys might prove you wrong. I do, however, think that everyone needs to shake their tags and make new ones. We ARE a team of tags that we use as excuses. <sigh>