PDA

View Full Version : Definition of a White Sox fan....

capn12
04-03-2003, 06:02 PM
Well, I'm as pissed and frustrated as everyone of you. I can say that I'm gonna quit watching, that I don't care anymore, I can question every move that Tinkerbell makes, piss and moan everytime that Konerko plays ole' with the ball in the field. Fact is, gametime tomorrow, I'll be right back in front of TV, watching th Sox on the satelite bought specifically for watching them.
It is our fate, as Chicago White Sox fans, to sit and watch as an organization that possesses all the right tools continously produces all the wrong output. We will all be right back here tomorrow, posting during the game, venting and complaining. Its our fate, fellow Sox fans.
ON to todays game, or this whole series for that matter; yes, its mighty embarrassing to get swept by the Royals, a superbly inferior team. But let us consider a few things: past history of being horrendous in day games, past record of being pretty awful against KC, never had success getting guys like Randa, Sweeney, and Dye(former KC) out, perpetual habit of making 4th/5th tier starters look like All-Stars.
Lets consider those facts, and then think about this past series....all 3 were day games, against Kansas City on the road(the only other team i hate playing more is of course Oakland, they own us), facing Sweeney and Randa, and against 3 "green" starting pitchers. Call it an excuse, but history shows us that we shouldnt have been too optimistic. I'm not worried---yet. The things that concern me are these: Konerko looks like a poor mans version of Dan Pasqua right now, we are ABSOLUTELY butchering the ball in the field, and the bullpen is real, REAL shaky!

I'll see you guys on these boards tomorrow, I'm sure! If we lose a series to Detroit, then, theres reason to fret.

HawkDJ
04-03-2003, 06:18 PM
You are right about all those things, and yes they are excuses, we should've won all 3 games. We got beat Monday but yesterday and today we had chances to win...which could be looked at as a good thing. At least we were in these games and if we change a few things then we have plenty of time to turn it around. I can't think of a better way to get started then at home against the Tigers.

Hey we scored yesterday...had a lead today so logically that means we are building towards a win tomorrow! :)

Paulwny
04-03-2003, 06:28 PM
It's kind of funny, it seems that some of the most optimistic posters before the season started have turned into the most pessimistic posters.
Noone said it would be easy.

TornLabrum
04-03-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
It's kind of funny, it seems that some of the most optimistic posters before the season started have turned into the most pessimistic posters.
Noone said it would be easy.

I think the vast majority of Sox fans are bipolar. In fact that could be the number-one prerequisite for the job.

TheBigHurt
04-03-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2

Hey we scored yesterday...had a lead today so logically that means we are building towards a win tomorrow! :)

WELL were getting there slowly but surely :)

Shoeless Joe
04-03-2003, 06:43 PM
I think the definition of a White Sox fan is a person who has the aspiration to support a winner but in the end there's always something there to screw you two times over. Sort of like these guys:

:hitless :comiskey :ritchie

AND OF COURSE:
:scrubs

GASHWOUND
04-03-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by capn12
Well, I'm as pissed and frustrated as everyone of you. I can say that I'm gonna quit watching, that I don't care anymore, I can question every move that Tinkerbell makes, piss and moan everytime that Konerko plays ole' with the ball in the field. Fact is, gametime tomorrow, I'll be right back in front of TV, watching th Sox on the satelite bought specifically for watching them.
It is our fate, as Chicago White Sox fans, to sit and watch as an organization that possesses all the right tools continously produces all the wrong output. We will all be right back here tomorrow, posting during the game, venting and complaining. Its our fate, fellow Sox fans.
ON to todays game, or this whole series for that matter; yes, its mighty embarrassing to get swept by the Royals, a superbly inferior team. But let us consider a few things: past history of being horrendous in day games, past record of being pretty awful against KC, never had success getting guys like Randa, Sweeney, and Dye(former KC) out, perpetual habit of making 4th/5th tier starters look like All-Stars.
Lets consider those facts, and then think about this past series....all 3 were day games, against Kansas City on the road(the only other team i hate playing more is of course Oakland, they own us), facing Sweeney and Randa, and against 3 "green" starting pitchers. Call it an excuse, but history shows us that we shouldnt have been too optimistic. I'm not worried---yet. The things that concern me are these: Konerko looks like a poor mans version of Dan Pasqua right now, we are ABSOLUTELY butchering the ball in the field, and the bullpen is real, REAL shaky!

I'll see you guys on these boards tomorrow, I'm sure! If we lose a series to Detroit, then, theres reason to fret.

Couldn't have said it better myself..Good points

GASHWOUND
04-03-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Shoeless Joe
I think the definition of a White Sox fan is a person who has the aspiration to support a winner but in the end there's always something there to screw you two times over. Sort of like these guys:

:hitless :comiskey :ritchie

AND OF COURSE:
:scrubs

More good points
The cubs have that leeway to start bad cause their fans will still come and its mostly expected for them to lose..Us, we have to win and to top it off, we're expected to win so this bad start puts a damper on fans, media, etc.