PDA

View Full Version : Who are the top canidates to replace Manuel?

SoxxoS
04-03-2003, 04:37 PM
Can someone please tell me who you would choose to manage this team for the rest of the year. All I can think of is-

Bruce Kimm
Don Cooper
Wally Backman
Bobby Valentine

Who else? I know Backman was voted "most likely to become a major-league manger" by baseball america, but that's all I know about him. Can anyone think of anybody else? I got to be missing someone, because that list is pathetic.

ShoelessFred
04-03-2003, 04:44 PM
BOBBY VALENTINE

MetalliSox
04-03-2003, 04:51 PM
Capra has done a good job in AAA, hasn't he?

Daver
04-03-2003, 04:52 PM
Nick Leyva.

SoxxoS
04-03-2003, 04:56 PM
Who would be the best-
Levya
Valentine
Backman
Capra?

SoxxoS
04-03-2003, 05:01 PM
Is it just me, or does this group need a manager to light a fire under their asses? (excuse the French. Or don't. Nobody likes them anyway.)

Dick Allen
04-03-2003, 05:07 PM
Al Lopez - at least they won with him.

DrCrawdad
04-03-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Can someone please tell me who you would choose to manage this team for the rest of the year. All I can think of is-

Bruce Kimm
Don Cooper
Wally Backman
Bobby Valentine

Who else? I know Backman was voted "most likely to become a major-league manger" by baseball america, but that's all I know about him. Can anyone think of anybody else? I got to be missing someone, because that list is pathetic.

Bruce Kimm, UGH!

Don Cooper, no thank-you.

Wally Backman, I don't know much about him. As long as Wally isn't like Terry it's ok with me.

GASHWOUND
04-03-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS

Bruce Kimm
Don Cooper
Wally Backman
Bobby Valentine

Hmm, alright, alright..I'll officially throw my name into the list

Bruce Kimm
Don Cooper
Wally Backman
Bobby Valentine
GASHWOUND :cool:

Daver
04-03-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Bruce Kimm, UGH!

Don Cooper, no thank-you.

Wally Backman, I don't know much about him. As long as Wally isn't like Terry it's ok with me.

Bruce Kimm would not be a candidate,and Don Cooper would not accept the offer.

Wally is a fiery guy that has had some success at Birmingham,but I beleive that the Sox would offer the position to Nick Levya first.

Bobby Valentine would not even be considered,most of the Sox upper management hate the guy.

Bisco Stu
04-03-2003, 05:51 PM
As a mutual diehard Mets fan, Bobby V would get this team winning again. Young teams are his specialty.

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-03-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
Hmm, alright, alright..I'll officially throw my name into the list

GASHWOUND :cool:

i think this is the best bet right there. well atleast you would know what the fans want. :)