PDA

View Full Version : Season's Over...Let's Pack it in Boys!

ssang
04-03-2003, 05:30 PM
I have finally officialy given up on this franchise for all-time. We will never ever ever ever be a successful franschise. What a joke. From the disappointing hitting, to the underachieving pitching, all the way to the pathetic managing, I QUIT! We are hopeless. Let's get ready to be swept by the Tigers when we come home. THE FREAKIN' ROYALS swept us!?!?!?! *** is this? Sorry to vent, but I'm sure many of you feel like throing in the towel already too. HEACE!

valposoxfan
04-03-2003, 05:35 PM
amen.

LauraJ14
04-03-2003, 05:35 PM
I have been a Sox Fan for 30 years and I am not going to give up on the season because we lost 3 games in a row. So I will at the park tomorrow cheering for my team as usual!

Hullett_Fan
04-03-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by LauraJ14
I have been a Sox Fan for 30 years and I am not going to give up on the season because we lost 3 games in a row. So I will at the park tomorrow cheering for my team as usual!

Way to go Laura!! I'll be there too cheering on the team. Maybe some home-cooking is what they need.

It's 3 games into the season. I know that we'd hope for better than 0-3 after waiting through the long offseason but let's see what happens. Though I do like to rant too...

:)

duke of dorwood
04-03-2003, 05:57 PM
1 win turns it around

MetalliSox
04-03-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by LauraJ14

Agreed. If people are that quick to jump off the Sox bandwagon, if I can call it that, then who needs em.

cheeses_h_rice
04-03-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
1 win turns it around

3 would be even better!

I agree. Every team goes through slumps. This team played too well during ST for this to not be a fluke.

Hopefully the home cookin' at the Cell will help invigorate them, if that's what it takes.

Shoeless Joe
04-03-2003, 06:14 PM
I feel as many Sox fans do right now, MAD :angry: ! But let's get this under control. KC embarrassed us badly that much is obvious but we'll see what happens at home when we turn a new page. If the Tigers come in and sweep us then we're ready for some rocky roads ahead of us. Not to mention a lot of this: :gulp:

Chisox353014
04-03-2003, 06:17 PM
Hmmm...I'm been a Sox fan for waaaay too long to ever think about rooting for another team, but I'm nearly ready to stick a fork in this season already. I know it's still early and blah blah blah, but one question keeps popping into my head: 'would a World Series-caliber team ever get swept by the Kansas City freaking Royals?' I've been watching sports a long time now, and every intuition and hunch that I have is saying "NO" very loudly.

Bisco Stu
04-03-2003, 06:26 PM
Even if they go 0-162...

WHITE SOX FOREVER!

TheBigHurt
04-03-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
Even if they go 0-162...

WHITE SOX FOREVER!

AMEN to that!!!!!! BUT dont worry we wont

CHISOXFAN13
04-03-2003, 06:29 PM
AM I mad? Yes. Will I ever throw in the towel and quit? NOPE.

I am fired up about tomorrow. We can get things together, and we will.

GASHWOUND
04-03-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by ssang
I have finally officialy given up on this franchise for all-time. We will never ever ever ever be a successful franschise. What a joke. From the disappointing hitting, to the underachieving pitching, all the way to the pathetic managing, I QUIT! We are hopeless. Let's get ready to be swept by the Tigers when we come home. THE FREAKIN' ROYALS swept us!?!?!?! *** is this? Sorry to vent, but I'm sure many of you feel like throing in the towel already too. HEACE!

I am truly pissed we got are butts kicked by the Royal pain in the asses..I got that sinking, sick feel in my stomach..BUT..if you have given up on the franchise, netherless the team you were never a Sox fan in the first place.

GASHWOUND
04-03-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
AMEN to that!!!!!! BUT dont worry we wont

Wait a minute..are you saying this team WON'T go 0-162!?!?!
You don't say?
I would've bet the farm they would be winless the rest of the way :)

valposoxfan
04-03-2003, 06:42 PM
It's true that this is very frustrating, but maybe today was finally the humiliation that will make the team want to go out and destroy a team. And we get them again starting Monday. I have that sinking feeling in my stomach and have since Monday but let's hold out a little longer. There has got to be more life on this team. I think this team is believing the hype. Today made them wanna go out tomorrow and beat Detroit badly. Konerko is gonna get out of that weird funk he is in. (Even though I may boo him a little tomorrow.. :smile: ) Mags too. Koch will come through. Sometimes you have a day where nothing goes right, and today was it. The pitchers will come through everyone. At least this is happening the first three games and not the last three games of a tight pennant race. You heard it here first. Sox win tomorrow! Sox win! Go Sox! I love this team too much to pack it in three games in.

MRKARNO
04-03-2003, 07:23 PM
Coming home to the Cell to a near sold out crowd will get'em the win. Then we'll start winning