PDA

View Full Version : Hawk: "Sox Out-Intensified"

Procol Harum
04-03-2003, 04:30 PM
Thanks for stating the obvious, Hawkeroo. Only thing is, they've been "out-intensified" since about October 2000. I have a definite feeling that a lot of odds and ends will be getting done around the Procol house this year. After 42 years of personal frustration, I don't think I have loads of time to waste on a team that will struggle to play .500 baseball.

duke of dorwood
04-03-2003, 04:31 PM
Its the manager, folks

Brian26
04-03-2003, 04:32 PM
Hawk spews so much bull****, at times I think he actually believes what he says. How were the Sox "out-intensified"? Did he even try to elaborate on what that means?

jeremyb1
04-03-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Its the manager, folks

i'd be interested to know what information you possess that makes you think you can have an informed opinion about that.

THE_HOOTER
04-03-2003, 04:54 PM
You cant have an opinion?

Dan H
04-03-2003, 04:57 PM
I didn't see the game so I don't know how bad the umpiring was or if the Sox were out-intensified. I don't know how a team cannot be intense in the first week of the season. When they are out of it in last week of September, maybe. It is still too early to panic, but it is not too early for the Sox to wake up and realize that they cannot fall into old patterns. Once you get into the habit of losing, it is hard to get out of the mind set. The team needs to think hard about these three games and blaming the umpires won't cut it. Contending teams don't look for excuses. They just win.

A.T. Money
04-03-2003, 04:58 PM
Last time I checked, the manager didn't do the fielding. How can you put 5-6 errors on the manager?

Shoeless Joe
04-03-2003, 05:53 PM
I think by "out-intensified" Hawk really meant: The Royals are a heck of a lot better than us right now.

Procol Harum
04-03-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Shoeless Joe
I think by "out-intensified" Hawk really meant: The Royals are a heck of a lot better than us right now.

That's about what it boils down to...and the compo has been better than us since October 2000. I don't know whether or not or how much of the Sox' lethargy can be laid at Jerry Manuel's door, but it ain't good. At some point you begin to wonder whether ours is another case of Chicago fans falling head-over-heels in love with their players and hence beiong unable to see that they really aren't as good as we all thought/hoped they were.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-03-2003, 06:40 PM
Be careful to note what Hawk says about any topic concerning the White Sox. He is--by far-- the biggest mouthpiece for what Jerry Reinsdorf is thinking.

If Hawk is already placing blame at Jerry Manuel's feet, you can be pretty sure the manager is on the end of a short rope.

mike squires
04-03-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Its the manager, folks

You are right Duke, but it's more than that. It's been a combination of bad defense, pass balls, wild pitches, poor relief, no speed on the basebaths, untimely hitting, inability to hit pitchers we've never heard of...basically we are f***ed.

The good news is we are leaving Kansas City. The bad news is Detroit just got swept as well and they too are due for a win...and unfortunatly they'll probably get it.

1951Campbell
04-03-2003, 06:53 PM
Remember the Angels last year...and don't hurt yourselves falling off the bandwagon!

Daver
04-03-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by 1951Campbell
Remember the Angels last year...and don't hurt yourselves falling off the bandwagon!

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck