PDA

View Full Version : If Manuel doesn't chew this team a new a-hole...

cheeses_h_rice
04-03-2003, 05:28 PM
...he should be fired, IMO.

This is an abso-$#!#inglutely PATHETIC way to start this year.

Against the Royals, of all teams!!! With the Twins up 3 games already.

If I don't see some $#!#ing spark tomorrow, I WILL boo this team. They've underachieved for too $@## long, and I am really #%^!#ing sick of it.

SoxxoS
04-03-2003, 05:30 PM
Nobody looks like they are having fun. NOBODY.

koch44
04-03-2003, 05:30 PM
:firejerry

34 Inch Stick
04-03-2003, 05:44 PM
We are starting year 3 of underachievement. At what point do you just say they suck. F them all.

Shoeless Joe
04-03-2003, 06:00 PM
If you squint your eyes a little, Jerry Manuel looks a lot like Terry Bevington :D: .

THE_HOOTER
04-03-2003, 06:10 PM
Maybe it's time to realize this team is not underachieving-they just aren't that good.

Too inconsistent, and consistently bad pitching.

The only time the pitching comes around is when they are 15 games out, and the pressure is off.

Face it, this team is just average.

CHISOXFAN13
04-03-2003, 06:32 PM
I love Kochfan's signature. Boy, Billy was good today, huh?

PaleHoseGeorge
04-03-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by THE_HOOTER
Maybe it's time to realize this team is not underachieving-they just aren't that good.

Too inconsistent, and consistently bad pitching.

The only time the pitching comes around is when they are 15 games out, and the pressure is off.

Face it, this team is just average.

Unfortunately, you can't fire the team.

Procol Harum
04-03-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
[BIf I don't see some $#!#ing spark tomorrow, I WILL boo this team. They've underachieved for too $@## long, and I am really #%^!#ing sick of it. [/B]

Don't worry, dawg--you got ESTEBAN LOAIZA on the mound for the Pale Hose manana!! Esteban Loaiza! I said Esteban "Young Koufax" Loaiza! Loaiza ain't gonna be no looz-zah! We got those Tiggers practically surrounded! :gulp:

lowesox
04-03-2003, 10:08 PM
"THE_HOOTER" WROTE:
>Maybe it's time to realize this team is not underachieving-they >just aren't that good.
>Too inconsistent, and consistently bad pitching.
>The only time the pitching comes around is when they are 15 >games out, and the pressure is off.
>Face it, this team is just average.

"PALE_HOSE_GEORGE" WROTE:
>Unfortunately, you can't fire the team.

Maybe we should fire the fans. PaleHoseGeorge - your status as a whitesox fan is more than questionable with me from this post and ones you've written in the past. If you don't like this team why pretend to be a fan? And "THE_HOOTER" I ask you the same question.

Maybe you guys are just joking and I'm being too sensitive, but I hate it when "fans" cry about their teams.

When this team starts winning, I hope I don't see either of you writing posts where you change your tunes. MAybe you could become Royals fans. After all since 3 games are a good barometer for the entire season - they're a lock to win the WS.

mike squires
04-03-2003, 10:32 PM
Manuel, chew out the team? yeah right! Manuel can't chew out the ump at the appropriate times. Manuel should have been yelling at the ump and sticking up for Frank on his check swing and should have raised a little more hell when the call went against us. Get kicked out of a game for cryingout loud...show the team you will be there for them and it would have been the appropriate time to try and create a spark...

instead he probably lined everyone in a row and did some deep breathing meditation...

guys for real, i am the most calmest rational person there is...i mean is the glass empty of full...i don't even see the glass, but i'm a little pissed over the series. lowesox, if your not upset with this team after three losses something is wrong with you. we can vent right?

Daver
04-03-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by lowesox

"PALE_HOSE_GEORGE" WROTE:
>Unfortunately, you can't fire the team.

Maybe we should fire the fans. PaleHoseGeorge - your status as a whitesox fan is more than questionable with me from this post and ones you've written in the past.

I would think you should double check the main page before you accuse George of not being a Sox fan,he built this website.

TheBigHurt
04-03-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by koch44
:firejerry

LOL, if you guys believe me that was my sig last yr.........but we've played 3 games we need more evidence before we fire Tinker-roo??????

lowesox
04-03-2003, 10:41 PM
There's no question about it - I'm upset. It's crushing to wait all spring for the season to start, and then get three straight losses. But a major league season has over 160 games in it.

I think its fine to be frustrated. But to write the team off after 3 games? If the sox go 0-15 I'll start to get worried.

MHOUSE
04-03-2003, 10:58 PM
I think that the Sox (and Jerry) didn't give the Royals enough credit and thought we would win based on our hype. But they turned out to play better and pitch better than anyone (and certainly our team) thought. Now Jerry should chew them out and fire them up to crush the 0-3 Tigers. If we can't win this series then all this griping can be a little more deserved.

baggio202
04-04-2003, 01:28 AM
this team is too right handed..look at any of the other AL contenders..they all have about 4 lefties in their line up..atleast one in the middle..we got two switch hitter at the top of the order...

no speed...letting durham go was a huge mistake...jimenez was a huge problem in san deigo if he struggles that those same problems start popping up here...btw...has anyone ever seen two guys with less range at their position then jimenez and konerko...jhc how many slow rollers are going to get between those two this year???..the leading base stealer returning from last year is maggs with 7...the fact that very few people saw that as a problem (suckass kenny williams - im looking at you) boggles the mind...im pretty sure the sox will finish dead last in sb's..

everyone is saying the sox look lathargic, no emotion..well when your as slow as we are thats what baseball looks like..station to station..no stolen bases..no one has the speed to push the defense and take that extra base...defensively , balls that other teams players will get to fall in for hits..get used to it

as for manuel..he should have been fired last season when KW white flagged the season...so if they fire him now im all for it...hope he takes KW with him

Paulwny
04-04-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by mike squires
Manuel, chew out the team? yeah right! Manuel can't chew out the ump at the appropriate times. Manuel should have been yelling at the ump and sticking up for Frank on his check swing and should have raised a little more hell when the call went against us. Get kicked out of a game for cryingout loud...show the team you will be there for them and it would have been the appropriate time to try and create a spark...

instead he probably lined everyone in a row and did some deep breathing meditation...

According to today's Sun Times JM barked:

Marte just walked pinch hitter Desi Relaford to load the bases and while making the change, manager Jerry Manuel barked at first-base umpire Tony Randazzo, who ruled Relaford had checked his swing on a full-count pitch. Frank Thomas was called out on a similar swing an inning earlier.

mike squires
04-04-2003, 09:41 AM
Yes, he barked, but he din't bite. Your team is in a funk...get thrown out to spark your team.

I went to a game in St.lous a few years ago and Frankn argued with the ump on a close play. He argued for several minutes while Manuel stood behind them with his hands in his pockets....

The Sox went on to lose that game in 14 innings.

I'm not saying he has to be like Lou or Bowa and every manager has a different personality but raise some hell every now and then.

Iguana775
04-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
...he should be fired, IMO.

This is an abso-$#!#inglutely PATHETIC way to start this year.

Against the Royals, of all teams!!! With the Twins up 3 games already.

If I don't see some $#!#ing spark tomorrow, I WILL boo this team. They've underachieved for too $@## long, and I am really #%^!#ing sick of it.

there should be some butt chewing. they just seemed like they expected to win and instead, got their asses handed to them. SHOW SOME DAMN FIRE!!!!

LuvSox
04-04-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Paulwny
According to today's Sun Times JM barked:

Marte just walked pinch hitter Desi Relaford to load the bases and while making the change, manager Jerry Manuel barked at first-base umpire Tony Randazzo, who ruled Relaford had checked his swing on a full-count pitch. Frank Thomas was called out on a similar swing an inning earlier.

It was absolutely ridiculous, what a big wuss. He should've argued in the umps face instead of hurling words at him from the mound. He looked awful "Jeter-like"