PDA

View Full Version : Konerko

soxrme
04-03-2003, 03:27 PM
Will somebody please pull Konerko's head out of his rear end, and after that Oliva's.

pudge
04-03-2003, 03:29 PM
Konerko is playing about as brutal as I've ever seen anyone perform before in my life. For those who can't see the game, he's let two balls go under his glove...

ShoelessFred
04-03-2003, 03:32 PM
the team has a lack of focus!!!!! it's totally evident and the person who has to take to blame is jerry manuel. the sox in all reality should have 6 errors on the board in this game. offically they have 3. if they lose this game it's gonna cause major psychological problems on this team. you can tell some guys are pressing and some don't seem to have their heads in the game. this is where a strong manager gets the team together. but jerry is not strong enough and doesn't have enough players respect for that to happen

Konerko05
04-03-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by ShoelessFred
the team has a lack of focus!!!!! it's totally evident and the person who has to take to blame is jerry manuel. the sox in all reality should have 6 errors on the board in this game. offically they have 3. if they lose this game it's gonna cause major psychological problems on this team. you can tell some guys are pressing and some don't seem to have their heads in the game. this is where a strong manager gets the team together. but jerry is not strong enough and doesn't have enough players respect for that to happen

Why is it always Manuel's fault? If Konerko has his head up his ass and can't field a groundball then its his own fault. The manager can only do so much, he can't go out there and control the guys on the field. You don't know what goes on in the clubhouse so totally putting the blame on Manuel is pretty unfouned. The team is playing like crap on the field, its their fault, not Manuel's.

Let it be known that I am not defending the decision making process of Manuel.

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-03-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by soxrme
Will somebody please pull Konerko's head out of his rear end, and after that Oliva's.

Olivo's head is in PK's rear???

yeah...we suck

MHOUSE
04-03-2003, 10:21 PM
Lay of Olivo, he's way low on MLB experience. Give him time. Did anyone see him throw out that guy at 2nd? That was hot. PK played like crap this series, culminating in today. If history is any guide he'll bounce back. It he can't pound the Tigers then start to complain. He'll be ok.

It IS Manuel's job to get his team on the same page and with some level of focus. If Konerko biffs a play it's his bad. If the team biffs a WHOLE GAME then it's on the manager.

cwsgrl17
04-04-2003, 04:59 PM
What is your problem? By the end of the season you will be praising Konerko. Trust me. It is only the first three games of the season...he will NOT continue to bat .091. That is not Konerko and if you were a real fan you would know that!

ShoelessFred
04-04-2003, 07:50 PM
Why is it always Manuel's fault? If Konerko has his head up his ass and can't field a groundball then its his own fault. The manager can only do so much, he can't go out there and control the guys on the field. You don't know what goes on in the clubhouse so totally putting the blame on Manuel is pretty unfouned. The team is playing like crap on the field, its their fault, not Manuel's.

who gets the priase when the team plays well?
the manager

who gets reamed and blamed when the team sucks?
the manager

who can't ever decide on a stable line up or get guys to play hard for him?
Jerry the manager manuel

Konerko05
04-04-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by ShoelessFred
who gets the priase when the team plays well?
the manager

who gets reamed and blamed when the team sucks?
the manager

who can't ever decide on a stable line up or get guys to play hard for him?
Jerry the manager manuel

Then when do the players get any credit? They are the ones being paid millions to play 100% everyday whether they like their manager or not.

And if you think looking at a team's success/failure is the main way of judging a manager then what happened to Manuel. Did he forgot how to manager after 2000?

I also already stated that I do not agree with alot of decisions made by Manuel. My point was that some of you take this blame Jerry Manuel thing a little too far. Some things might be Manuel's fault like not having Graff take on a 2-0 count the other day but everything that goes wrong with the team can't be blamed on him.