PDA

View Full Version : The Jerry Pool

LuvSox
04-03-2003, 03:25 PM
On what date do you think JM will get canned? I'm shooting for April 21, He won't be making the trip to Baltimore. Is Sparky Anderson still alive?

TheBigHurt
04-03-2003, 03:35 PM
IT wont happen...Hopefully :)

BE GOOD tinker-roo

LuvSox
04-03-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
IT wont happen...Hopefully

You want JM to stick around? I realize you're a fellow fish fan, maybe Wanny has gotten to you. Both teams need new leaders.

whitesoxwilkes
04-03-2003, 09:38 PM
We'll have a very clear picture of JM's job security by the end of this month..right after the series with the Twinks.

Viva Magglio
04-03-2003, 10:18 PM
You know what I thought of when I saw those shots of Manuel pacing the dugout today? This:

:jauron

Fridaythe13thJason
04-03-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
On what date do you think JM will get canned? I'm shooting for April 21, He won't be making the trip to Baltimore. Is Sparky Anderson still alive?

Um, October 3rd, 2014...and strike "get canned" and replace it with "retire."

Let's take a better guess at how many world series rings he'll wear at that press conference.

Positive Thinking...ahh, it does a body good.

LuvSox
04-04-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by SoCalUIC
Um, October 3rd, 2014...and strike "get canned" and replace it with "retire."

Let's take a better guess at how many world series rings he'll wear at that press conference.

Positive Thinking...ahh, it does a body good.

I know positive thinking. After every "beating" the Sox take I'm truly upset for the rest of that day. By the next morning I'm a new man, ready for the Sox to re-start their winning ways. Once in a great while reality sets in. Leadership and motivation are not JM's stronger points. They never have been. 2000 was a fluke, not because of the talent, because of Manuel. He just doesn't have it. This team needs a motivator, a butt kicker. An Earl Weaver/Sparky Anderson type, a guy with some fire inside.

Mammoo
04-04-2003, 09:06 AM
If JM gets ashcanned, the odds on replacement is right down the third base line.

Introducing, former Cub Manager, Bruce Kimm!!

This season could turn out to be one of the most laughable in the history

gosox41
04-04-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by LuvSox

I'll give him right before the Minnesota series. If this team is not a few game above .500 then it's time for a shake up. The last two seasons KW has sjsut sat around as the team floundered not wanting to do anything. I'm not saying the Sox should make a trade for the sake of making a trade, but firing Manuel or shipping someone off to the minors to wake up the team is fine by me.

Bob

LuvSox
04-04-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
I'm not saying the Sox should make a trade for the sake of making a trade, but firing Manuel or shipping someone off to the minors to wake up the team is fine by me.

Bob

I am 100% convinced the manager is the problem. This team has a load of talent, it just needs a motivator, not a guy that "lives in a van down by the river."

LuvSox
04-04-2003, 10:58 AM
Jerry Manuels' next job? A spot on the "Matt Foley Motivational Speaking Tour" :)

kevingrt
04-04-2003, 11:45 AM
The better question is who will replace him?

Clarkdog
04-04-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
I'll give him right before the Minnesota series. If this team is not a few game above .500 then it's time for a shake up. The last two seasons KW has sjsut sat around as the team floundered not wanting to do anything. I'm not saying the Sox should make a trade for the sake of making a trade, but firing Manuel or shipping someone off to the minors to wake up the team is fine by me.

Bob

If the Sox are in striking distance of the Twins when they come to town and the Sox lay an egg. Manuel is gone. If they are leading the Twins when they come to town and they lose the series the seat will still be hot. If they are leading the Twins and win the series, he's fine

DrFunk
04-04-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
The better question is who will replace him?

How about Bobby Valentine as a replacement? I like the fire that he had a couple of years ago with the Mets.