PDA

View Full Version : Hey, we made a trade!

SoxxoS
04-03-2003, 01:06 AM
From chicagosports.com-
The Sox acquired first baseman/outfielder Ross Gload from the Rockies for left-hander Wade Parrish.

The left-handed-hitting Gload, who made his major-league debut with the Cubs, hit .258 with one homer and four RBIs in 26 games with the Rockies in 2002.

Parrish, 25, went 9-9 in the minors last year.

Watch out, Paulie!

DrCrawdad
04-03-2003, 07:36 AM
Does Ross Gload = Jeff Liefer?

baggio202
04-03-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
From chicagosports.com-
The Sox acquired first baseman/outfielder Ross Gload from the Rockies for left-hander Wade Parrish.

The left-handed-hitting Gload, who made his major-league debut with the Cubs, hit .258 with one homer and four RBIs in 26 games with the Rockies in 2002.

Watch out, Paulie!

maybe your sarcasm has more truth to it then you think..if this team fails this year nothing would surprise me as far as player movements..

LuvSox
04-03-2003, 10:28 AM
If there's one thing this team lacks, it's guys who can play first base.

:hitless
"Don't even ask me to come back now, you can keep Tony G."

CLR01
04-03-2003, 10:37 AM
season is over

http://hogwild.net/images/animated/flag-white.gif

MarkEdward
04-03-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
From chicagosports.com-

Gload has no defensive prowess, so he'll only be used as a pinch-hitter/DH. Overall, he's a worse version of Cliff Brumbaugh, so I don't see the point in this trade.

Wade Parrish is nothing, however, so we just gave up a warm arm to get Gload.

By the way, Kaufman Stadium is beautiful. I'd suggest that everyone make it out there at least once in their life. Kansas City is a great city, too.

kermittheefrog
04-03-2003, 01:52 PM
I think Kenny is trying to beef up our minor league ranks a bit, get some more wins, make our affiliates happy.