PDA

View Full Version : This year is a Win-Win situation!


ShoelessFred
04-03-2003, 12:34 AM
The sox will either win it all(great news)
or
The sox will fail and Jerry Manuel gets fired(even better news)

2003 A GREAT YEAR IN SOX HISTORY

Lip Man 1
04-03-2003, 12:46 AM
With Jerry Reinsdorf running the show that's not an absolute guarantee (i.e. that Manuel will be fired... remember this is the guy who gave Terry Bevington an extension!)

Lip

ShoelessFred
04-03-2003, 12:51 AM
true, but kenny williams will have to answer to mr. reinsdorf if they don't win it all and spending money was not justified. so kenny will offer jerry's head as a sacrifice to appease the boss.

jeremyb1
04-03-2003, 03:43 AM
so much of the constant complaining about manuel seems completely and utterly pointless to me. i mean what is the point of this thread? the overwhelming of the people on this board don't like manuel. fine. join 90% of other sports fans accross the nation who bash their manager or their owner non-stop because they need someone to blame. its been established. why start a dozen new threads about how much you like manuel every day?

MRKARNO
04-03-2003, 08:26 AM
This year is far from a win-win situation. It's a win-lose situation, either we win, or we lose (sorry for the simplicity). JM is an acceptable manager. And what happens if he doesn't get fired? KW might be really committed to him rain or shine. Trust me, let's hope for success and not the firing of Jerry Manuel

hold2dibber
04-03-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by ShoelessFred
The sox will either win it all(great news)
or
The sox will fail and Jerry Manuel gets fired(even better news)

2003 A GREAT YEAR IN SOX HISTORY

So you would rather Manuel be fired than for the Sox to win it all? That makes a lot of sense!

34 Inch Stick
04-03-2003, 10:08 AM
I've seen that show before with the Jauron led Bears. It never looks like a win-win a few years removed from the situation.

gosox41
04-03-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
so much of the constant complaining about manuel seems completely and utterly pointless to me. i mean what is the point of this thread? the overwhelming of the people on this board don't like manuel. fine. join 90% of other sports fans accross the nation who bash their manager or their owner non-stop because they need someone to blame. its been established. why start a dozen new threads about how much you like manuel every day?

While the topic is old, it's a fact that White Sox management reads this board. If they want to get a feel for what a Sox fan thinks, then there is ample information here. I see no reason to stop it until he is canned.

Until then I'm all little leaguers should know to bunt with 2 strikes on them in the last inning of a game with the heart of the order coming up.

Bob

harwar
04-03-2003, 12:35 PM
J.R. did the interviewing himself for the managers job and he hand-picked Manuel because"he stood out above the rest and he said all the right things".

thecell
04-03-2003, 01:31 PM
I don't understand why everyone has to bash Manual. He's a freaking manager, not a starting pitcher. He's not out there performing, the players are. A lot of us are starting to sound like Cub fans. They think their manager is going to win 25 more games for them. All of the players on the roster are major league ball players, they should be capable of getting the job done when they are called upon.

thecell
04-03-2003, 01:33 PM
Until then I'm all little leaguers should know to bunt with 2 strikes on them in the last inning of a game with the heart of the order coming up.

Graffanino admitted that he did that on his own. Manual gave the sign the first 2 times.

Rocky Soprano
04-03-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by thecell
I don't understand why everyone has to bash Manual. He's a freaking manager, not a starting pitcher. He's not out there performing, the players are. A lot of us are starting to sound like Cub fans. They think their manager is going to win 25 more games for them. All of the players on the roster are major league ball players, they should be capable of getting the job done when they are called upon.

Very well said! :)

pudge
04-03-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
so much of the constant complaining about manuel seems completely and utterly pointless to me. i mean what is the point of this thread? the overwhelming of the people on this board don't like manuel. fine. join 90% of other sports fans accross the nation who bash their manager or their owner non-stop because they need someone to blame. its been established. why start a dozen new threads about how much you like manuel every day?

Because he deserves to be bashed. I'll defend someone when they deserve to be defended. Manual should have been out long ago.

SoxxoS
04-03-2003, 05:29 PM
Because when your team comes out FLAT, that is directly on the manager. When you bring in Rick White, in a tie ballgame, when Glover and Marte are ready to go, that is directly on the manager.

Is it his fault Koch, Garland, Konerko, Lee, Rowand...basically everyone except Crede, Colon and Buerhle didn't show up? No. But part of the blame has to go his way.